Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 6:43 PM by snipperred

A must click for anyone starting a new business

BRIZcom Wayfarer

As I sit here and write this forum post, I am trying very hard not to make this look like an advertisement, because it isn't.

I want every person who is starting a new business to check out www.briz.com

I sincerely believe that once you're on the site, you cannot turn the offer to create a free online presence for your business.

You can post news, coupons, events, business details etc...

Secondly, since the site is only a few months old, anyone with feedback to enhance the site and improve the community for other small business owners would be greatly appreiicated.

SBOC admins, if you feel this is too much of an advertisement and want to delete this post, please contact me because I truly believe that every small business owner should be aware of this new, free community for them.

Thanks,

The Briz Team
        • Re: A must click for anyone starting a new business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          A must click for anyone starting a new business

Will check it out, Thanks
            jl3186 Newbie
            I am a small business owner and I just signed up on Briz. It's the real deal, I love it. It's so easy to use and get all of my business information out on the internet. I have only been a member for a day but I don't see how any business owner can pass up this opportunity. I will definitely spread the word to my customers and business contacts. Good Luck!
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
                snipperred Scout
                I just signed up. I think it is great. I am gald you let me know on this forum because I generally disregard most advertisements for social networking sites. However, I've been doing my research, joining forums and networks, in order to understand what's out there and adapt the development of my business concept. I think BRIZ is one of the best I have seen so far.

There are a lot of options and it is going to take me a while to move in. I plan on being a presence in your community and I really appreciate the business functionality you have built in- particularly the menu/ product/ service document features and the embeds to transpose some of the site into my actual website. So great job.

First impression was only O.K. though. I liked seeing some other small businesses so I knew I was in the right place. However, I did not see "the community". I would like to be able to see an overview of the entire network when I enter. I recommend putting some sort of graphic representation of activity and interaction- I imagine it would look like an ant colony or a city. I've seen internet maps that show traffic graphically. If you went so far as to show statistics such as number of members or even volumes of activities within specific classes such as messages, uploads, or such would be neat.

Secondly, the virtual tone is very friendly but is still not personal. I didn't get the impression you are a person like I get on this post. Personal service is a differentiator no matter what you do- in the emerging competitive environment for social networking sites, I think you should have a receptionist ready to greet new visitors, walk them through a tour, and answer questions or concerns real-time- if they want. Some poeple prefer to enter off the radar and look around for themselves.Showing a friendly face with the option to open up live chat or even streaming etc. Also could serve as a good directory to help people find what they are looking for in their own terms. My business, for example, could quite defy categorization from drop down lists- even if you do offer five things.

In other sites I found there were participants waiting to greet me. So I will be interested to see what your network culture is like. Hope the feedback helps. It's the least I can do to thank you.
                1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    BRIZcom Wayfarer

Thanks snipperred. Glad to see you enjoyed the site. We are defiantly taking your feedback into consideration and making changes to make the site more personable. It seems you really know what you're talking about and any other feedback can be sent directly to daniel@briz.com. We really appreciate members who take the initiative to make Briz a better community. Saying this, once you set up your profile, send an email to daniel@briz.com and we would love to post your business on the homepage as a featured business.

Any other small business owners don't wait to take advantage of this FREE online community!
                    Link: www.briz.com

Thanks,
                    The Briz Team