Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 10:20 PM by A_Ellicott

Is starting a Internet Cafe a smart move?

Josh_A Newbie
      I planning on starting a Internet Cafe with only pc and xbox's and also computer repair. Now my question is how can I go about getting a small business loan and is it the right time to begin this. Any input would be appreciated

Thanks.

josh
        • Re: Is starting a Internet Cafe a smart move?
          Josh_A Newbie

This internet cafe is going to be located in orange county by schools and downtown
            st8ic88 Newbie
            Is this going to be the only internet cafe in the area? If there is an established one within 80 miles I would call it quits. I used to work in one and it really depends on the local climate. As soon as transient visitors to the area slowed down, the business dropped from about 80k a year to about 40k. It's not a viable business in most climates.
              A_Ellicott Adventurer
              I question the long term viability of an Internet Cafe. These days there are more laptops being purchased than desktops. With broadband cards being offered fairly cheaply, smartphones, and free wi-fi in so many places, the idea of going somewhere specifically to get on the internet will become less attractive. Unless of course you've got a location with the right atmosphere that makes people want to hang out there (think Starbucks).

There's a place near my home that offers video games on xbox's. It's been in business for a good while, though I don't know how profitable it is. My suggestion is to focus on that.

Good luck.