This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
29 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2010 12:19 PM by asker7 RSS

Flyer Distribution Delivery

DJboutit Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I want to start a small company where I would deliver flyers & hang them door to door around town. How would I go about doing this where would I get the flyers & should charger per hr or per flyer that I delivered. My company would be just a flyer door to door delivery company. Right now I have no idea where to begain I live in Houston so finding places to hang flyers would not be a problem.
  • Re: Flyer Distribution Delivery
    rivershoes Newbie
    I am also starting a flyer distribution service in Houston. I have 10 or so years experience in this industry. I started in Houston in 1994 working with my family. I branched out and went on my own until I moved to Seattle for about 8 years. There it was easy to sell but impossible to deliver because of all the hilly neighborhoods. I was forced to go into another advertising media and worked for a large company there. Now I'm back home in Houston and will be rebuilding my business. Sometimes its easier with a partner. It makes it more interesting but the profits would be split. Here are some questions to ask yourself:

How are you at sales?
    How will you be at field supervising?
    How would you keep a steady crew working?
    Do you know your Greater Houston demographics, ie, homes per zip code, annual income per zip code, number in household, which zips are restricted and more.
    Can you build a map?
    Are you prepared for birddogging clients?
    Are you Key Map savvy?
    How will you get your first client?
    Do you have the right vehicle to haul the ? number of crew members?
    A few hints: Always charge more to go out to the Woodlands. Homes are farther apart and it takes longer to distribute the flyers. Also, always have a minimum number of flyers per job. Never take a job that someone wants to deliver 500 flyers unless its an add on to another job. Also, always try to co-op with 2 noncompetitive customers.
    There's so much more like printing, designing copy and the profits you can make by offering those services.
    Oh, you wondered how to charge: By the job NOT by the hour. Figure out how much you're going to charge per piece and come up with a minimum flyer count per drop.
    Good luck to us both! We'll see each other out there!
      Footprints... Newbie
      Hello all,

This is rivershoes updating my information for businesses that are in need of a flyer delivery service. Our company is Footprints Direct Advertising. We deliver flyers and door hangers in the Houston area. This includes areas such as Clearlake, League City, Friendswood, Pearland, Katy, Cypress, Spring, Kingwood, Atascocita, and we specialize in The Woodlands. If you would like more information, please contact Amy. You can reach me through our website at www.footprintsflyers.com.
      DMS2003 Newbie
      I just did a delivery in Yakima, WA, Seattle, WA, Spanaway, WA. Delivery is not impossible

www.DMSadvertising.net
      877-499-1440
      Ocean100 Newbie
      Hello Rivershoes,

Can you give me a flavour of how many flyers (doorknob type) you typically average in 1-hour or over a 3-4 hour stint. Assume on foot only, a steady pace, good weather and flat terrian. Also, skipping "No Flyer" homes, "Beware of Dog" homes, high unopened gates, high fences, houses with ornery looking duds drinking Bud on the front lawn, houses that look like the "Hells Angels" might reside there, etc. Thanks.

Cheers, Ocean100.

PS: I'm up in Canada, so don't worry about me as competition in Houston.
    rivershoes Newbie
    I would be happy to talk to you personally. Perhaps we could help each other. You can e-mail me at river_shoes@yahoo.com.
    rivershoes Newbie
    I want to tell you that when you say "My company would JUST be flyer delivery service" you're thinking small. Remember you will be providing a much valued service to local businesses and even bigger are the political campaign candidates this year. Many businesses depend on flyer and doorhanger distribution to survive - such as pizza companies, maid services, lawn care professionals. Don't think small because you are small. Your potential clients don't know that! Act big and you will be big!
    A_Ellicott Novice
    I have a friend that approaches the business in a little different way. He recruits local advertisers in his neighborhood, makes and prints his own flyers wiht a variety of small ads. Handymen, daycares, dogsitters, insurance salesmen, that type of thing. He charges based on the size of their ad. For him this is just a part-time thing to earn extra cash. However, I was thinking you could do the same thing and maybe piggyback that onto other jobs?

Just an idea.
    LUCKIEST Master
    Flyer Distribution Delivery, Welcome

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help you in starting your business,
    You can visit SCORE both in person or online FREE.

Good luck
    woodlandsfonz Newbie
    Rivershoes,

I am the owner of a very small computer repair business in The Woodlands. I desperately need somebody to deliver door hangers for me. Not sure if you would service The Woodlands, but please contact me if you do or if you know somebody that does. Thanks so much!

Alfonso Olvera
    Alfonso@WoodlandsPC.Com
    dclgraphics Newbie
    Here's a great business that has some fabulous income potential if done right... a flyer delivery service.

Coordinating this marketing effort for other local businesses is a win win for them and the business. They're getting their name out to potential new customers and you are creating income by providing a needed service.

This business is actually pretty easy to get going if you have the right contacts. It might take a bit longer if you need to find people to participate. Here are some tips for your child to get this simple business going:

Your goal with this business is to find local businesses to pay you to deliver their flyers to the homes in your surrounding neighborhoods.

By finding several businesses, you can put together door bags of information from groups of businesses so you're making one delivery trip but earning money from several businesses instead of just one.

First, determine your delivery area. Decide what's reasonable for you as far as delivery goes. Can you bike a bit further away to reach more homes? Do you drive or have access to transportation so you're able to go even further. Do some research to find out how many homes are in the general area to which you'll be delivering.

Next you'll want to start contacting the businesses in your area. Don't just concentrate on storefront companies, but contact local home based business moms as well - like Tupperware and Pampered Chef ladies as well. They often are looking or inexpensive advertising options.

Set your price based on your delivery area and how much time you think it will take you to deliver to those homes.
    The businesses will be paying for their own flyer creation and then paying you your fee to do the deliveries. Factor in the cost of any door hanger bags (check online for good prices on these) when you're determining your pricing.

http://www.doortodoorflyers.com/Default.aspx?load=Home&section=Home

Make your own flyer to include in your delivery bag! This will be a great way for you to get new business too!

Limit the amount of flyers in the bags. You don't want so much that the recipients just throw the bags away without looking at the flyers. 10-15 flyers per bag is probably a good number.

Have each business print up enough flyers for the amount of homes you'll plan to deliver to. Set a flyer pick up date with each business and a guaranteed delivery date as well so the businesses know when to expect the phone calls as a result of the campaign.

Send out thank you notes to your advertisers and always give them first chance at your next round of deliveries.

For more advice or design and printing for your customers, you can reach me at dclopez@dclgraphics.com

David C. Lopez
      flyersonfoot Newbie
      DCL:

You need to tell folks to check with their local city hall before passing out door to door hanging fliers.
      There may be a fine for doing this-plus if you can put door hangers on some cities require that they may not hang on the door(s) for more than 24hours.
      Some cities fine people up to 100 $$$$ per door--

Also if the flier package falls off the door knob and someone gets hurt somebody is going to get sued big time.
      If you are a llc they will sue the llc and if you do not have insurance you may loss everything now and in the future.

It pays to KNOW
    BRMcHenry Novice
    I have sent flyers out door to door in the past. Typically I have them printed at a local print shop and I almost alwyas use colored paper with black text because its incredibly cheap. Then I hire a boy scout troop to go and pass them out - they are not as fast as professionals but they do a good job and its a donation to them.

It generally works as good as the "offer" I put out - ultimately I always get someone unhappy about having something left on their front door, but its usually just one or two.
    bcarolb2 Newbie
    I am looking for a flyer delivery service who will fill specialized delivery orders to deliver post-it notes to older homes in the Houston area. Our territorries will be coordinated with zip codes, and we need to specify:
    no apartments
    no businesses
    no mobile homes
    no new housing developments

Please indicate per piece pricing.
    flyersonfoot Newbie

I started Flyers-On-Foot llc in 2002 in the Madison Wi. area-We do not deliver by walking (foot if you will)-We deliver all package fliers by using scooters and using the flyer mobile-we average about 275 fliers per hour.
    Here are some rules you need before you start delivering door to door

1. Check with city hall before you start putting your fliers out--You may have to pay the city before you start.
    2. Check with city hall on all rules and laws--if you don't you will end up paying out big bucks!
    3. Make sure you are insured ( I carry a 2-million dollar policy) Here is why----Cause of ACTION-if someone slips and falls because you placed a fliers on the door and it blows off YOU CAUSED THE ACTION by placing the flier at that spot. Plus it will hit the local paper and all the business(es) will be getting calls on this action

4. I also do printing (8 1/2" x 11") Full COLOR 2-sided Glossy Sheet
    Free design and production time
    Free e-mail proof
    Free Shipping to 48-states
    5,000 only 499 10,000 only 699
    5. If you would like I can help you with your project-just go to my profile and my e-mail and phone # is available
    6. There is a lot more to this if you want to make some real money--It will take some work and smart thinking on your part
    7. My one rule to myself is ( if I do not know-then find out before moving on )
    Good luck-I hope this helped you
    DJboutit Newbie
    rivershoes Hit me up AIM DJboutit5 Yahoo DJboutit12000@Yahoo.com or DJboutit@Bigstring.com
    DJboutit Newbie
    If you run a flyer delivery company in Houston or Galveston & you need a person to deliver flyers long term now contact me I am ready to deliver flyers
    c29rod Newbie
    It is not very hard to start. I have owned my distribution business for 2 years now. You can always advertise on craigslist. My business is currently going in another direction as far as advertising. We have about 8 clients that we distribute for but we are not adding any new ones. I started this business by posting an ad on craigslist. You also need a website so you can put that on your ad. We now have about 15 employees. Just try posting on craigslist, you will get a response.
  • FullAccessExp.com >>> Flyer Distribution Delivery
    FullAccessExp Novice
    I own and operate Full Access Experiential. In my research, I have found there are varying rates for similar services. However, the personality of the company also has a lot to do with rates. For example, will you provide an event recap, be on-call 24/7, provide emergency staffing, etc? By providing added value you can charge a bit more and still retain your customers while garnering new ones. I don't believe in low-balling employees to win over a customer. You'll soon realize that a happy employee will execute your flyer distribution much more effectively. I believe in providing the best, most cost-effective service for my customers while keeping my staff paid fairly. There are too many flyer distribution companies out there low-balling and/or promising unrealistic goals to win over a new customer.
  • Flyer Distribution - FullAccessExp.com
    FullAccessExp Novice

FullAccessExp.com, Call: (800) 231-7814,
    Has anyone seen a flyer so good, so appealing that they still remember it? I'm asking this question because often times what a marketing agency thinks is a call-to-action it's some other aspect that actually drives the sale. Do door-hangers and flyer distribution work for you? FullAccessExp.com
  • FullAccessExp.com >>> Flyer Distribution Delivery
    FullAccessExp Novice
    FullAccessExp.com >>> Flyer Distribution Delivery I own and operate Full Access Experiential. In my research, I have found there are varying rates for similar services. However, the personality of the company also has a lot to do with rates. For example, will you provide an event recap, be on-call 24/7, provide emergency staffing, etc? By providing added value you can charge a bit more and still retain your customers while garnering new ones. I don't believe in low-balling employees to win over a customer. You'll soon realize that a happy employee will execute your (FullAccessExp.com) flyer distribution much more effectively. I believe in providing the best, most cost-effective service for my customers while keeping my staff paid fairly. There are too many flyer distribution companies out there low-balling and/or promising unrealistic goals to win over a new customer.
    FullAccessExp.com >>> Flyer Distribution Delivery FullAccessExp.com Call: (800) 231-7814
    cardplanet Newbie
    There are a few local companies here that do flyer distribution--a group of stay at home moms. One thing you have to be careful with is that people in your target neighborhoods don't get over saturated with delivery materials. I have heard from several constituents that people in some of the neighborhoods just automatically throw the flyers away.

I guess it's all about your approach and how well you know the delivery areas as well as your presentation.

We print full color flyers on both text weight paper and cardstock and can offer you low cost ad design and discount prices on printing. Call http://www.businesscardplanet.com today at 877.797.8096. The owner will be glad to work with you on pricing.

5000 14pt Business Cards $65
    5000 4x6 Flyers $99
    5000 100lb Gloss Text 4/4 8.5x11: $399
    etc...
  • Re: Flyer Distribution Delivery cheapest solution
    vistasad Novice
    One of the cheapest ways of delivering flyers is to give it to the newspaper delivery person.
    You usually cannot insert it into the papers.

http://www.vistasad.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points