Post a new topic
    22 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2010 7:52 AM by coffeenista

Start My Own Espresso Coffee Business

anthonydavis Wayfarer
      I want to start my own coffee business for a long while now. From Seattle, living in Pittsburgh. Have been making specialty drinks for friends and neighbors for years. It has always been a dream of mine to have my own place. I have a friend who has 3 espresso stands and 1 coffee shop and he's doing fantastic. I need some self confidence and any ideas from other coffee lovers. Is it easy to get a small business loan?
        • Re: Start My Own Espresso Coffee Business
          tonyharris Newbie
          All you gotta do first is to have a "business plan", after that you can go anywhere as long as you have that business plan
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Start My Own Espresso Coffee Business, Welcome

GO FOR IT. How old are you?? Do you have anything holding you back??
            Do you have the funds??
            As tonyharris said all you need is a Business Plan.
            Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help

Good luck, LUCKIEST

<dl class="profile-avatar clearfix"><dt>

</dt><dd>

</dd></dl>
              anthonydavis Wayfarer
              by the way what is SCORE? I am 29 years old
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Start My Own Espresso Coffee Business, SCORE is FREE

SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business" is a nonprofit
                  association dedicated to educating
                  entrepreneurs and the formation,
                  growth and success of small business nationwide.
                  SCORE is a resource
                  partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

SCORE can help you succeed

Again, LUCKIEST
                  General Newbie
                  other than the business plan, how much funds you need from the bank? in your plan you have to show what's your ability to repay the loan and how much experience you have etc. you also need an offer to lease for the location you are inteterested. Call the bank, sometimes they can help you for the business plan when you apply for the small business loan.
                  good luck
                    puzzleman Tracker
                    How about this idea? If your friend is doing well with his three plus locations, how about using him as a resource to get the info that you need? Or what about you and the friend do a partnership on a new store for you. If things go well, then maybe you can buy him out. He wins as he another store making money and he doesn't have to involved as it will be your store. He gets payback on his loan when you buy him out. You have the opportunity to open your own store, his expertise in operations and when you buy him out, you get the store all to yourself.

Just an idea.

Jim
                      b2b123456 Wayfarer

cheap nike shoes,cheap gucci sneakers,discount gucci shoes,cheap puma shoes,discount puma shoes,cheap prada shoes,prada shoes for cheap,cheap jordan shoes

Dear Sir or Madam,

welcome to Wholesale Shoes b2b Global Trade CO,LTD We are a very serious and professional supplier of brand shoes.Our business is success fully expanded to United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany ...china nike factory cheap nikes,wholesale dunks,wholesale jordans,CHEAP SHOES,wholeale air jordans,wholesale shox sneaker's,wholesale shoes,wholesale nikes,cheap sneakers,wholesale sneakers,discount jordan sneaker's,wholesale nike sneaker's,cheap prada shoes,wholesale dunk sneaker's,wholesale nike jordans,wholesale nike air jordans,wholeale nike dunks,cheap nike shox,cheap shox sneaker's,discount men's shoes,cheap nike sneakers,wholesale nike sb,cheap air jordans,cheap air jordans,wholesale nike dunks,cheap jordans,WHOLESALE JORDANS,cheap sneakers,WHOLESALE NIKES,wholesale jordan sneakers,discount nike shoes,wholesale air max,CHEAP NIKES,wholesale nike sneakers,cheap nike sneakers,wholesale dunk sneakers,wholesale jordans,custom nike dunks,cheap nike shoes,cheap air jordans,wholesale nike dunk low,cheap nike air max,cheap air jordans,wholesaler jordans,wholesaler nike shox,cheap shoes,discount nike shox,cheap nike dunks,nikes for cheap,wholesale nike sneakers,cheap nike shox,cheap nikes,wholesale new jordans,women nike dunks,cheap dunks,china nike factory, Wholesale dunk-sb-low,cheap dunk-sb-high, wholesale nike shox,cheap nike shox, wholesale jeans,cheap nike shox NZ,cheap women shox NZ,wholesale Sunglasses,cheap Shox Turob,cheap Women Shox Turob,discount Shox Moster,wholesale nike shox china nike factory wholesaler,Wholesale Adidas Three Leaf Grasses Women, wholesale cheap hats,cheap Adidas Three Leaf Grasses,discount Adidas Samba china nike factory wholesaler,Wholesale Air Max 87 women,cheap Air Max 90, Wholesale Slow track shoes,cheap Women Slow track shoes discount customize china nike factory wholesaler,Wholesale Prand Low shoes,cheap Prand High shoes,discount Prand Women shoes,wholesale sunglasses,,Wholesale Puma Shoes,cheap Puma Women,Wholesale Air Rift Shoes,cheap Women Air Rift Shoes,Wholesale BAPE SAT SHOES, cheap red monkey clothes,cheap red monkey hats,cheap BAPE SAT SHOES discount china nike factory wholesaler,Wholesale CA shoes,cheap CA shoes discount,Wholesale Childrens Jordan,cheap Childrens Timberland, discount china nike factory wholesaler.

Our shoes are popular all over the world with High Quality, Competitive Price, Best Service and Safe.Delivery .We can assure you that you will be satisfied with our shoes and service. We hope to build mutual benefits and long term business relationships with all cheapers

wholesale.http://smallbusinessonlinecommunity.bankofamerica.com/All%20Users/Application%20Data/Tencent/QQDisk/68775535/All%20Users/Application%20Data/Tencent/QQDisk/68775535/All%20Users/Application%20Data/Tencent/QQDisk/68775535/All%20Users/Application%20Data/Tencent/QQDisk/68775535/All%20Users/Application%20Data/Tencent/QQDisk/68775535/All%20Users/Application%20Data/Tencent/QQDisk/68775535/All%20Users/Application%20Data/Tencent/QQDisk/68775535/All%20Users/Application%20Data/Tencent/QQDisk/68775535/Temp/M20080410_205713_492/www.wholesaleshoesb2b.com trends to be your best business choice in the nike shoes industry. if you have any question,pls email me:shoesb2b168@yahoo.com.cn MSN: s

mailto:sesb2b168@hotmail.com

website: http://www.wholesaleshoesb2b.com/ http://www.tradechinab2b.com/
                        Favour Newbie
                        Hello,

i am interested in funding your project as long as it is worth it.
                        Can you kindly email me with more better details as regards to it for my perusal
                        and more.

Kind Regards,

Mandy
                          tonyharris Newbie
                          Is the coffee business still good these days? Heard Starbucks would be closing a number of their branches in the coming months or years.

http://www.schmoozii.com
                              Iwrite Pioneer
                              Tonyharris,

Great observation.

Judging from the number of Starbucks cups I see here each morning, I don't think so. I think Starbucks lost their way a little and what we are seeing now is a correction. Most of the industry markers are showing a growth for coffee and teas, but it is becoming more segmented. People are looking for specialty drinks.

Not to highjack this, but the Starbucks problem was opening too many units too close to each other. In Dallas, you can find two Starbucks almost across the street from each other. Imagine the costs of running two stores within walking distance?

Another trend we are tracking is the move towards smaller, locally owned businesses - for some reason people are starting to move back to supporting local businesses. Without going into more than I can say, the "big boys" are noticing that the "mom's & pa's" are cutting into their business. One account I am very familar with is starting to track the flow of business to the smaller competitors - which is a first for them. I think we are at the beginning of an interesting shift in consumer thinking.

I say open your own or partner with your friend but hold onto your independence, it may be a plus.
                              anthonydavis Wayfarer
                              Im quite alarmed of what Anthony and Luckiest are pointing out. It seems that the coffee business is not that hot like it was 5 years ago.
                                richardthomas Newbie
                                I wouldnt say that the coffee business is "dead" . Aside from a good business plan is "location". If you can find a good busy location, then you're good to go, who doesnt like coffee anyway. Everyone loves coffee.
                                  dennisgates Newbie
                                  With Starbuck's marketing initiative that I think started the coffee revolution, I would say coffee business is still a go...
                                  I read at schmoozii.com which also talks about same "starting espresso business" that a good business plan is the vital piece to a successful business.
                                    TLRInsnAcc Wayfarer

The business plan is a good start and I hate to pour ice water on the topic (and that's one of the services our company supplies) so I d believe and understand the need for a good working business plan but there are other things to consider:

1. Do you have enough cash (in savings - not retirement) to pay ALL your personal expenses for the first 12-18 months after opening your business.

2. Do you want to consider looking into franchise opportunities - They can be very expensive and require a great deal of foundational time and a business plan is a must and that's not even the beginning but with franchises you stand a better chance of success.

3. Do you have friends/others (with money that they could possibly lose) that believe in you dream, view, and abilities.

4. In retail location in a biggie, can you find a location that has sufficient foot traffic i.e. big super market chains, established business areas, is their a large breakfast/lunch customer potential because those will be your two best times of day.

5. Can you pick the brain of your friend that has the same type of business? I would keep him/her talking anywhere from 3-6months about their experiences both good and bad.

6. Then after you've picked their brain - consider enlisting them in your venture. It may or may not be a good idea.

7. Then after you've done that contact me for the next step!!!

TLR

richardthomas Newbie
                                      Hey Dennis, Thanks for sharing that link www.schmoozii.com , its a good site for business networking..yeah i saw same thread there on their discussions
                                        MetroGal Adventurer

To ride on the Starbucks dialogue, if you're now thinking that coffee may not be the wisest choice now have you ever thought about a tea stand?
                                          anthonydavis Wayfarer
                                          Hey that's a good perfect idea.. a "tea stand". People are fond of teas nowadays because of the health benefits that it gives.
                                              DMIGUY Adventurer
                                              AnthonyDavis,

The coffee business and Starbucks are both going strong. Starbucks is not going out of business, they are simply regrouping and reconfiguring in light of the economic downturn.

The question that remains to be answered is not whether people will still frequent neighborhood coffee shops, because they will, but whether they'll pay $5.00 for a cup of Joe. More and more coffee die-hards have been pushed toward Dunkin Donuts where you can still get a cup without need of a mortgage. However, Dunkin's format isn't conducive to the meeting-place atmosphere of a Starbucks. If you can somehow bridge the two profiles, that is come up with a great atmosphere but reasonably priced coffee, you might be the next Starbucks.

Best of Luck.
                                              Mybizfiler Adventurer

Hi,

Starting your own coffee business will be a good idea as you have been working for years making specialty drinks fro friends and neighbors. But starting a business would require business plan and doing a lot of research. We would definitely help you developing business plan and doing market research for you but it cost you minimum.

We at ICS, Inc, help you to incorporate your business and provide complete incorporation services. ICS would also help you for Small Business Loan Application which makes your work easier and you can spend your time in Business Development rather than worrying and spending time in research.

At ICS (www.mybizfiler.com), we, at a very competitive price (1/4th of charges a typical CPA charges) take care of your complete Incorporation Services

You can reach Mr. Nirmal Jain (Senior Manager) at 469-713-2541 and can mail him at nirmal.jain@mybizfiler.com, as he is very well experienced and has considerable knowledge in incorporation services.

For more information and details please visit ICS web site http://www.mybizfiler.com/.

You can also visit our informational blog site: http://mybizfiler.wordpress.com/.
                                                coffeenista Newbie
                                                Hi there!

I'd like to share an article with you about opening up a coffee business. This article gives great help, tips, and tricks to get you on your way.

http://opencoffeeshopbusiness.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps.

All the best!