Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2008 1:10 PM by AccountaxSolu

New Business

D.Dott Newbie
      Pls help- I have started a new company operating and registered in Illinois, can I trade/have customers in other States? How do a handle the tax, and what are the tax implications?

Thanks

D.Dott
        • Re: New Business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          New Business, Welcome

*It is great that you have *started a new company operating and registered in Illinois.

Do you have an Accountant?? A Lawyer, maybe an Insurance Agent??

The professionals will help you. Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE.

LUCKIEST
            Tracker

Hi,

You didn't say what kind of business you are in but most do not have any prohibitions for selling your products/services to customers in other states. Questions concerning that and how to handle sales tax is something best asked of your accountant or a local source that can advise you at length on that subject. One of the best resources you can tap as a new business owner is a free one and often they are located key areas in each state so they are accessible to everyone. As Luckiest recommended, here is a link for SCORE offices in Illinois that you can contact with questions about taxes etc.

http://www.sba.gov/localresources/distric
            t/il/counselingt/il_ilscore.html

Also you can check in your area for a Small Business Development Centers. They provide one-on-one business counseling and management assistance to small businesses and can help you as well:

http://www.sba.gov/idc/groups/public/docu
            ments/il_chicago/il_sbdc.pdf

Dennis Lowery
            Adducent, Inc.
              jameswalker Newbie
              dos your business have credit.if not here a way to get credit for your business.The best way I found is to borrow funds to hold them on deposit, make some interest payments, then give back the deposited money. If you agree to just hold it on deposit, creditloader dot com will let you borrow the funds with NO CREDIT CHECK and NO PERSONAL GUARANTEE. They got mine reported to Experian Business Credit
                Lighthouse24 Ranger
                Are you asking about state sales tax, and if so, what specific products and/or services are you selling?
                • Re: Tax implications
                  AccountaxSolu Newbie

Hi, D.Dott:

Good question you have there, but I would recomend that you hire a bookkeeping service or an accoutant for that matter, so that way you can focus on
                  your ability to ge clients. To really answer your question I need more information, so it would be good that you e-mail me. By the way we can help you with the bookkeeping and accounting services