Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2009 6:04 AM by Creditbuilder

Dunn and Bradstreet

doctormw1 Newbie

does anyone know what other companies automatically report to dunn and bradstreet? ive found out through this forum that staples does but could not find out if any other businesses report as well. im trying to build and establish myself in the business credit arena to help me with good loans in the future. thanks!!
        • Re: Dunn and Bradstreet
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Dunn and Bradstreet, Welcome

Tell us more about yourself. The more you share, the better our answers.

Go to Members page and share with us.
            Lighthouse24 Ranger
            You can (and should, if you're trying to establish the recommended six active accounts) call the credit department of any prospective vendor or supplier and ask if they report to D&B.

Some other companies I'm aware of (besides Staples) that report to D&B via their "trade tape" program are Ford Motor Credit, Home Depot Commercial Revolving, Dell, Fry's, Uline, FedEx/Kinkos, UPS, Sprint/Nextel, LaborReady, ConocoPhillips, and Shell.

Hope that helps. Welcome to the community and best wishes.
              doctormw1 Newbie
              thanks so much for the prompt response....i love this forum!!!!
                Creditbuilder Scout

As a former veteran employee of Dun and Bradstreet, I can tell you that with potential 150 mitigating factors, there are a lot of intricacies when building your credit report - but first let us get the fact's straight.

#1. D&B (spelt Dun and Bradstreet) is not a credit reporting agency. They are a 3rd party source where they keep information that is either volunteered to them or is public record.

#2 If you want to build your credit report because you want to borrow money, you are simply approaching this in a reactive manner rather then taking a proactive stance because, think about it for a minute - the info you supply D&B is going to be the same info you need to supply lenders anyway, therefore I can tell you right now that you probably are thinking I want a good Paydex score. Might as well quit while your ahead.

There are literally many other myths... some of it can be found under "credit secrets" at http://businessformationgroup.com/creditsecrets.html

Without going into too much of an in-depth 25 page explanation let me summarize by saying that dealing with D&B you want to think profile and not report - and please be careful where you open your trade lines and which trades you choose to add is not going to have a direct impact with D&B, but when the lender checks your portfolio, it might have an effect with them.

Good luck.