Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2008 2:07 PM by LisaKatz

Generating New Leads From Associates that You Already Know

LisaKatz Newbie
      I find it interesting that many of my corporate buddies love Linked In. As a Financial Planner I found it ...... well to be honest.... quite useless. As a small business professional I rely on trusted associates and strong relationships to generate new business. My reputation is important and have befriended 400 online strangers means very little to my bottom line.

I have been using an online tool, http://www.referralkey.com/. I invite the people I know and trust to join my referral network. I can then get quarterly reports to analyze and ensure those relationships are reciprocal. I also have access to my associate's circle so I can exchange referrals with new prospects with only one degree of separation. I highly suggest it for small businesses looking to see actual results from networking.

Lisa
        • Re: Generating New Leads From Associates that You Already Know
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Generating New Leads From Associates that You Already Know

Welcome to this web site, Lisa. That is why people join Associations and Professional Groups.
          In part to exchange ideas, to network and also generating new leads and business from associates
          that you already know or who are part of the organization.

I am a SCORE Counselor and we, the members of SCORE, are always networking.
          We visit Libraries, Business Groups, Professional Associations etc to talk to business people.
          Even though SCORE is FREE (and the price is right) it is also a numbers game with us.

*Yes * small businesses looking to grow should network.

LUCKIEST