Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2008 2:08 AM by NRU Investor

Starting a franchise...

inalehk Newbie
      I have an idea for a business. I know the location that I would like to put it in and the type of business I want to have. I want to buy into a franchise that I am aware of and put it in a very good location for the business. I am young and I have not done anything like this before, but I think with the proper motivation and reliable help I could probably do this. The problem is that I don't have any money, nor do I know about how to get a loan to start a business. To buy into the franchise you have to have a net worth of $150K with unemcumbered liquid assets of $50K. I just barely know what that means, but I know I don't have it. Is there any way that I can get loans to get to this point or is it basically not something that I can do?

I have a million questions and maybe someone can start here and then I can figure out some more things that I need to clarify.

Thanks
        • Re: Starting a franchise...
          puzzleman Tracker
          Inhalek, Welcome to this forum. You will get lots of good advice here. The people you need to talk with are located with SCORE.

It is a great thing that you have an idea for a business. It is how all of us started out. What is worrisome is that you don't understand the basics of the financial deal. You need to learn more about business, what it takes to make it go and how does the money work. Then you will be able to have a plan of how to do it so that you can say "I can do this" instead of "probably do this".

Deal with SCORE because they have business people to give you advice, guide and explain things like financing, budgeting and business plans to you. Beat of all they are a FREE service.

Jim
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Starting a franchise...Welcome. It is great that you have an idea for a business.

Tell us more. Where are you located and what kind of franchise.
            the more you share with us, the better our answers.
            You can ask us or SCORE the million questions and maybe we can figure out
            your future.

Puzzleman gave you good advice. Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE, both in person
            and on line.

Good luck, LUCKIEST

NRU Investor Wayfarer
              Good evening I understand that you are looking to start a business and its probably going to cost about 150,000 to start it. I have something even better for that's going to only cost you $210 and that's going to allow to get started in the $16 Billion Dollar Water Industry. I have a product that just launched and it turns thin air into in the freshest purest drinking water. I am looking for independent business partners who are serious about making this happen. For more info check out my website www.thinairintowater.myxziex.com/retail.php Email me at tmack0306@yahoo.com or call me at 678-371-5049 if you are interested.

Tory Mosley
              Independent Business Owner