Post a new topic
    13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2008 8:03 AM by EcoOfficeGals

New to Forum looking for feedback on my site

EcoOfficeGals Wayfarer
      Good evening. I just linked to this site through a myspace ad. It will be nice to meet everyone!
      I created my site myself with MS Office Live and I am working so hard on it everyday. I used a free SEO site to analyze my site and my meta tags and keywords actually generate a better report then my compition.
      What do I do now? How do you get the traffic? I had joined a few traffic exchanges, but I just got single hits to my home page...no thanks. I need small businesses that are serious about my commitment to grow small businesses green not someone just hitting my site so theirs gets hit.
      Any advice?
      Thanks in advanced
      Best Regards,
      Jen
      www.eco-officegals.com
        • Re: New to Forum looking for feedback on my site
          puzzleman Tracker
          Welcome to this forum!!

Concerning your website, I was confused quite a bit as I perceive your site as being one of promoting "Green" ways of doing things. After I looked for it, I realized that you are trying to sell a service. I would suggest that you put that as the focus with more emphasis. Tie in all of the green ideas you have going on in how your service would help reduce these ideas. Also Push your services first and then the green part second. I would be more interested in what you do first and if you are green that would be a bonus.

My opinions, Jim
              EcoOfficeGals Wayfarer
              I am really trying to do both. I am trying to inform small businesses, but in addition offer green products and my services as a VA. Any suggestion on how I can clear things up without being tacky on the sell point?
              Thanks!
                  puzzleman Tracker
                  If it was me, I would make the front page much shorter. Emphasize your services, (you are trying to make money, right?), put links to all of the green articles or put a short tease of the articles on the front page. In my mind, the focus should be on what you are selling.

Again, these are just my opinions. I am not a web geek, just another person selling my products.

Jim
                      Iwrite Pioneer
                      I think Puzzleman's advice is dead on.

SEO and SEM are great but the real focus needs to be on the message, your business. What are you trying to say? What is the main message you want people to come away with? I love the design of the site but making it copy heavy for search purposes can result in a higher drop-off rate. Yeah, people come to your site but are they staying and more importantly are they buying what you are offering?

Talk to the business owner, tell them why your services are a benefit to them and show the impact of not being green has on the bottom line. A nice strong headline could really help with your messaging. Reduce the copy on the homepage, let the design breathe. Give people one message they can hold onto. As for getting people to your site, give them a reason to come - participate in blogs, contribute articles, establish yourself as "THE" source for information on working with a virtual assistant and taking a business green.

SEO and SEM are good tools but that's all they only serve one purpose, your marketing needs to include more tools.
                          EcoOfficeGals Wayfarer
                          Ok working with the text will take longer, but I rearranged. Does this shorten things up a bit or do I need to be more drastic? Thanks for the great advice all!
                              Iwrite Pioneer
                              Much better. I think you are close on the length.

Don't get discouraged.

Now, What are you trying to say to business owners about our services? How strongly are you saying that on your page now? Can you say it clearly and succinctly? What is the benefit?

I know I may seem like I am repeating myself but that is the message most business owners are going to want to know.

I have got to tip my hat to you, you are serious about making this work. A lot of folks don't even give the advice they are getting a second thought but you are listening. You don't have to do everything, everyone says, but it is great that you are listening.
                                  EcoOfficeGals Wayfarer
                                  I really appriciate the feed back. I have been on so many posts that I have asked and people view, but don't comment much. I'm getting some real direction and it means a lot.
                                  I guess I am stuck on how to merge my VA business with the goal of EcoOfficeGals. I want people to use my VA services I want them to get serious about ordering their supplies and stuff the eco-friendly, I want them to build relationships and encourage each other and get their networking partners over and doing the same. I know what I want, but figuring how to put it all together is intimidating. I don't want a VA to go on the site and be turned off because I am the compitition... they can use my affiliates to order supplies for their VA business. I don't want the seasoned greenie to be turned off because they are past this point, I want them to offer the information and encouragement others need to get there.
                                  I don't know how to not sound like I'm rambling! HAHA!
                        whansen02 Newbie
                        Hello all.
                        I was viewing the source of your EcoOfficeGals website, and one thing that may need updating is the tables. Tables are not really used in websites anymore. Your keyword density on your homepage is very low as well. Consider bumping it up by min. 75%. Cosmetically your home page looks good. Nice flow. Content is easy to read.
                        Hope my suggestions help some.
                        Will.

business for sale
                            EcoOfficeGals Wayfarer
                            I know I shouldn't use the table, but it is so hard to have things line up nicely with limited HTML knowledge. I like things to look clean and simple.
                            I also know I need more keywords, I actually tried to bump it up the other day ie. changes "step of the Day" ot Green step of the day, ect. I'm struggling to fit more in with out throwing up green... if you know what I mean. Thanks!
                            Jen