Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2008 12:53 PM by Lighthouse24

i want to start up a business and need a 100% invester ??

trickyvikki Newbie
      i have a idea and presented it to some people. to start up a small shop in luton uk as its an up and coming area. i am looking to open a alternative clothing shop and think there is a big demand for it in my area.. the only problem is finding some to invest in me as i cant get a loan to start it off.. i have done a business plan ( basic one ) . can anyone help and advise me were to start??? thanks vikki
        • Re: i want to start up a business and need a 100% invester ??
          Lighthouse24 Ranger

Luton . . . I think I've flown in/out of the airport there (big carnival in the spring, right?). Anyway, if you were starting this type of business (alternative clothing) from scratch in the States, the logical thing would be to use existing channels such as flea markets, craft fairs, consignment shops, eBay, etc. as a way to launch the enterprise, build a customer base, establish your operating infrastructure, and generate an actual sales history (instead of just estimates and projections) for your business plan. Then, you'd seek funding to expand that small operation into a retail store. It's much easier to find lenders and investors when you (as a founder) and your business (concept, marketing, cash flow, etc.) have already proven themselves on a smaller scale.

I'm not sure how much that will help you, but maybe it will trigger some solutions. Welcome to the community and best wishes.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful