Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2008 1:19 PM by ammonwaters

How can I meet venture capitolists for my green co.?

ammonwaters Newbie
      http://www.prov-tech.com I would like some help with advertising and investing. Trying to get launched. Looking for venture capitolists..
        • Re: How can I meet venture capitolists for my green co.?
          DomainDiva Ranger
          I see you actually have a product and a website. Do you have a business plan with some hard numbers on fuel savings? Have you taken this idea to any automotive repair shops?

The numbers I saw on the website indicate 2 mpg more for larger vehicles F250 & a large motor home...what numbers are you offerering for say a Ford Expedition or a Suburban, Explorer, GMC Tahoe etc? Point being is with the SUV owners..you have a market. If I could get 5-6 mpg more I would be all over your product....most SUV owners would as well.

If I were you I would get one of those magnetic signs and attach it to my car while I was driving.

The best Venture capital company for energy related products is Kleiner-Perkins. You can google them and contact the office in Menlo Park CA to get the information you need to present to them. When preparing your business plan be sure to find someone (we have an English teacher) to edit the document for spelling and grammar.
              ammonwaters Newbie
              Thank you Domaindiva,yes,a typical SUV will see a 30-33% savings on fuel. For example ,my friend drives a Hyundai Santa Fe and before he had the unit installed,he got about 20-22 miles per gallon,now he is getting more like 28-30. The 6 cylinders and 4 cylinders reap the best results. We are looking for distributors constantly. We pay 20% commission on retail. Average unit with a 1 year warranty runs $1,200 but it is EPA approved and accompanies customer service. You can reach our director of sales at 321-557-5057. His name is Philip Foster. Kindly,Ammon
                  DomainDiva Ranger
                  I ran the numbers and can probably get 5 mpg more even with my V8 since I make sure all my services (oil changes, filters, fuel injectors) are current. At 1200 total cost that equals 3 months worth of fuel costs presently. It will take 4 months to recoup my 1200 however the mod will also add several thousand dollars of resale value as well.

Have you calculated the addtion of increased resale value to the larger vehicles such as the ones I mentioned? You should be able to get numbers from vehix and then take a percentage of the projected fuel consumption versus the retail value and then refigure using your projected increase in mileage.

I am forwarding your site to my husband for his perusal.
                      ammonwaters Newbie
                      I am not certain as to how much value it would add to the vehicule as many people are just beginning to understand this product and its' value. However their is a tax credit that accompanies it. That information is available on the main page of the site. Yes, a unit built for a V8 usually pays for itself in 3-4 months. After that it's pure savings,power boost and environmental clean-up for once. Thank you kindly for your responses. Ammon
                  Bridge Navigator
                  Does installing the unit void a car's warranty?

Usually, any modifications (directly to the engine or not) that effect how the car runs will void the manufacturers warranty.
                      ammonwaters Newbie
                      It should not void your warranty. A common question I get all the time. You are not changing anything in the engine however some super smart adjuster will do all he or she can to say different. Actually you can sue a company for voiding your warranty if it's alternative fuel related. Additionally,this product only improves the way a vehicule functions,cleaning it out,causing it to use less oil and fuel and therefore extending the longevity of the engine. I haven't the best opinion of many warranty guarantors. It is important to know that you get tax credit incentives as well as extra help should someone try to void your warranty. So far,after hundreds and hundreds of units sold noone has had any trouble with their dealers. Some dealers here in the south are actually interested in it.