Post a new topic
    41 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2008 2:05 PM by PR_Boston

Event: Leverage the local media to promote your biz

SBC Team Guide
      Have you ever wanted to get your business featured in the newspaper? Or wanted to attract the TV crews to your business? Learn how you can leverage the media to get free publicity and attract more customers. Matt Ellis, of Ellis Strategies, Inc. is an expert in public relations and media. He will using the username PR_Boston to answer your public relations and media questions like:

• What kinds of stories get covered in daily newspapers; in weekly newspapers; on TV or; on the radio?
      • How do I get my story to the right person?
      • Can I do it myself or do I need a PR firm?

Remember in order to ask a question, you must be a member, so sign up today if you haven't already; it's free and easy.

About Matt:
      Matt Ellis is the founder and principal of Ellis Strategies, Inc., a strategic communications firm in Boston, MA. Matt is an award winning journalist with 20+ years of experience in television news and an acute understanding of how the media works.

Matt was the News Director for WBZ-TV in Boston from 2003-2005 and the Head Writer for Good Morning America from 2001-2003. Prior to that Matt was the News Director for WPRI-TV in Providence and the Executive Producer for local news at WCBS-TV in New York.

He has been honored with an Emmy Award from the New England Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, a George Foster Peabody Award from the University of Georgia and he has been recognized for excellence by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and the Associated Press.

Matt was kind enough to provide answers to some of the questions asked in advance. If you have a question for Matt, post it here. Please note, Matt will answer as many questions as possible but may not get to them all.