Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2008 3:35 PM by Lighthouse24

I have a Blog! "Blogging Kenneth Fron"...

designer Tracker

Hello, SBOC Pals....

I disappeared for just a bit from the forum - - - I broke down and finally took some of your advice and got a Blog! I am having a BLAST! It seems to be right up my alley and now I am in creativity over-load!

I hope you will take a peek at it, say hello and share a comment or two!

Blogging Kenneth Fron - http://kennethfron.blogspot.com/

• Re: I have a Blog! "Blogging Kenneth Fron"...
          designer Tracker

Did anyone get a chance to go over to my Blog?
              Iwrite Pioneer
              I was a little slow in writing because this is the beginning but since you asked...

Went there, read all of it. I am impressed with all the celebrities you have wearing your pieces. How did you make get your jewelry in front of all of them?

I'm not sure, but I want to see how it evolves. I want something from it but I am not sure. Maybe it is a little less self promotion and a little more insight or education or something... I can't put my finger on it.

I know this doesn't help but I had more questions after the blog than before. Maybe a little more about you and the journey you are on. Insight into the creative process, sort of an insider's peek into fashion. Take us behind the curtain. Maybe even talk with a celebrity. What are they like, how their taste runs.

But that is just me. I'm curious like that.
                  designer Tracker
                  Thank you so much, IWrite! It really, really means a lot that someone took the time to go over, check it out and then comment on their experience. Usually the canned response of most people is: "I am swamped", "I am so busy"...(like I have 20 more years to wait around for them to give me a minute of their time)...I want to be famous YESTERDAY! Time is precious....and we all are on limited time in life...we don't know when our last day can be.

You have to keep in mind, the Blog is only an extension of my main website, which is: www.kennethfron.

On the main Website, I believe many of your questions will be answered, like on my About page (is about me), the BUZZ page is like a resume and tells a story in time-order of all my jewelry accomplishments, the Celebrity page will give insite and spotlight each Celebrity, like you were wondering about. Now, I don't divulge ALL my behind the scenes secrets, because that is who makes me who I am and the smart and savvy business person that I am. In business, we all know..NOBODY gives out their personal CONTACT list!!!!

People kept saying that search engines and the Internet love Blogs, that it picks up text easier than a static? Website. So, I use both as tools, now. The Website will be my main site because that is where you buy my product and the Blog allows me to extend out little snipets and talk about other things too, that aren't jewelry related. Because my catch phrase is the I am blogging about what's SIZZLING in fashion and entertainment, and my little blue boxes, too. So, I crossed the line of just being a designer of jewelry but also I am entertaining and sharing what's HOT now in the world.

Your feedback is important. Also, anytime on the Blog you click a photo, it should bring you right to my main Website. It will be interesting to see how others manuever along. THANKS!
                      designer Tracker
                      P.S. I agree too, about talking with the Celebrities...I almost forgot. I have a few things in the works. I am waiting for answers on some of my interview questions and then I can roll with it. The Blog is going to be a great vehicle for that...where the Web site, on the Celebrity page..I have to be careful that the information and feature of the star doesn't go on and on and on. But the Blog can separate that out. Stay tuned!!!!
                          Iwrite Pioneer
                          I totally understand. You asked, I answered. It is interesting to hear other people's take on things. Blogs are a lot of things to different people. Now that I know how you are using it, it makes sense.

Blogs to me are more causal conversations and a chance for a real dialogue with visitors. Most of my clients use a blog to answer questions, address issues and talk to people without really selling them anything. It is a softer sell. I bring this up because others may be looking for one thing, while you are offering another. I think your answer helps to broaden my view of a blog.

thanks.
                              designer Tracker
                              Iwrite, you are very smart. I realized, too - - that I need to set-up the Blog postings so they are more engaging and ask a question to the readers. For example, on the recent one that I plogged "Out on the Terrace"...I should have asked people if anyone else has stayed at The Bellagio as well, etc. It's still not even a week old, so I am learning and appreciate the feedback!! Some people do whatever they want, I am appreciative of people's feedback to make it better!
                      designer Tracker
                      Oops! And here's "A favorite quote" for the day!

"Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us everyday." Sally Koch, Volunteer Resources

Hope to see you on the Blog soon with positive "feedback" and "comments". Thanks for your support!
                        Lighthouse24 Ranger

Just wanted to say that I checked out the site and it looks nice.

Blogging isn't my thing, really. I enjoy the lecturing and speaking part of my work (it's fun to have a room full of people who paid to hear what I have to say), but I'd never rent out a conference center and just start talking (hoping somebody wandered by and stopped to listen). That's exactly how I'd feel if I wrote a daily blog for one of my websites.

On the other hand, I'll readily answer business questions here and offer my viewpoint when I think it will benefit the community at-large -- and I truly enjoy the exchange of information this forum provides. So a blog that encourages interaction from readers, as opposed to being the writer's personal scrapbook or diary, would certainly appeal to me more (and what do you know, I see you just now posted something along those lines as I was about to submit this).

Also, in the entertainment and fashion industries, people DO care about what other famous people think and do -- so I think you've taken a positive step for your business. Congratulations on getting the site up and running, and best of luck with it!