Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2008 5:29 PM by Santa Fe CPA

BUSINESS FROM NEIGHBOURING COUNTY

PRINTERS Wayfarer
      I have registerd in Pasco county and doing business from Pasco. Some businesses from neighbouring counties are interestted in my works. They want me to go to their office for an intial business meeting.
      I dont have not registered in that counties. Can i go and meet them in thier office. Is there any restrictions.
      I have sales tax licence. I need an answer.
        • Re: BUSINESS FROM NEIGHBOURING COUNTY
          LUCKIEST Guide
          BUSINESS FROM NEIGHBORING COUNTY,

Welcome and tell us more. You are in Florida. How long have you been in business??

You have registered in Pasco County, GREAT. Have you registered with the IRS??
          and have a Federal I D Number??

If you registered with the IRS and have a federal ID Number you can do business anywhere.

There are NO RESTRICTIONS. Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and
          can help you.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              Bridge Navigator

Luckiest,

Having a federal EIN does NOT give your permission to do business anywhere! Many tyes of businesses are regulated by state and/or country licensing boards.

As an example, having an EIN does not give you permission to be a real estate ageny - you need seperate licensing. The same goes for general contracting and many other businesses.

We really need more informtaion for the origianl poster to properly address their question.

Please try and be a little more responsible with your posts rather than just responding to every post and telling people SCORE is free....
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  BUSINESS FROM NEIGHBORING COUNTY

PRINTING DESIGNING GRAPHICS ADVERTISING

Bridge, YES having a federal EIN does give you permission to do business anywhere
                  in the State of Florida as in Printing Designing Graphics Advertising.

Your example is good BUT they are NOT in Real Estate.

And YES, SCORE is FREE

LUCKIEST
                      Santa Fe CPA Adventurer
                      Luckiest, I beg to differ with you and concur with Bridge.

A Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN or EIN) does not grant ant business entity the authority to do business within a given jurisdicttion. The EIN only establishes the accounts necessary for the entity to remit and report the various income and employment taxes that are collected by the Internal Revenue Service as specified by US law.

Operating authority is granted by the State or local Countty/City. A Corporation or Limited Liability Company must file Articles of Incorporation or Organization with the specified State Department prior to opening for business in that form. Certain businesses, e.g. contractors or CPAs require licensing by the responsible State regulatory agencies. Citys or Countys may require a business license also. State and local tax remittance accounts are also required for income and employment taxes as well as sales taxes.

Crossing County lines within the State does not present a problem in any jurisdiction that I know of. As has been mentioned the sales tax collections may be in the home County or the buuying County.

As for SCORE being free you get what you pay for.
                    PRINTERS Wayfarer
                    I have IRS registration, I am a graphic designer, I am a print broker also. I have just started the business
                    My question is can I go and take a work from another county.
                    Bridge Navigator
                    Dear Printers,

What type of business do you do?

Does it require county licensing?

Is your sales tax license for state taxes (usually is).

Greg
                    (Pinellas, FL)
                      Lighthouse24 Ranger
                      To summarize: You'd only need to register your business in a neighboring county if you had a physical business presence there such as a shop, store, or office -- or if you were in the neighboring county to conduct a business/profession that required state or county licensing.

When conducting business as you described, if you're providing a product or service to a customer that is subject to states sales tax, then you calculate and collect it at the rate that applies to the location where the product/service is delivered.

Welcome to the community. Best wishes!
                      1 of 1 people found this helpful