This discussion is locked
Post a new topic
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2008 3:27 PM by Bridge RSS

Association of Professional Merger & Acquisition Advisors

Bridge Expert
Currently Being Moderated
I am a member of the Association of Professional Merger & Acquisition Advisors (APMAA)

www.apmaa.com

I encourage other business brokers, intermediaries, or people providing deal support (accountant, attorneys, lenders, etc.) to check out the benefits this trade association offers.

Membership cost is low and there are many benefits that members can actuall use.

If you are looking to buy or sell a business, this is a great site to get quality information and to identfiy a professional broker who might be able to assist you.

Greg Dupuis
Bridge Ventures, LLC
Merger & Acquisition Advisors
www.bridgeventuresllc.com
  • Re: Association of Professional Merger & Acquisition Advisors
    LUCKIEST Master
    Association of Professional Merger & Acquisition

*Did not know there was *the Association of Professional Merger & Acquisition Advisors (APMAA)

Will check it out, Thanks
      Lighthouse24 Master

Luckiest, there are four listed professional organizations:
      Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors
      American Business Brokers Association
      International Business Broker Association
      Association of Professional Merger & Acquisition Advisors

The first three are listed/registered as non-profit organizations. The fourth does not appear to be, and the domain name for it is registered to the same company as the domain name for bridge's firm.
        Bridge Expert

The domain name for the apmaa is privately registered through godaddy.com - along with about 2 million other accounts! It does not mean that all 2 million businesses are related.

I am the current President the Association of Professional Merger & Acquisition Associates (APMAA) and help start the organization along with numerous charter members who helped get the organization off the ground.

After running the acquisition program for both public and private equity sponsored companies, and starting my own M&A firm, it was apparant that there was a void in service offering for people in our profession.

The APMAA was started in 2007 to address those concerns and has been received well; over 150 members in 6 countries.

I encourage to look at the member benefits of each organization listed relative to the cost to join and decide for yourself which trade association offers the most for your particular needs. Each association has different strength:

IBBA - excellent conference with educational workshops
        AMAA - focused on the needs of brokers who are also attorneys and MBA
        ABBA - don't know much about them
        APMAA - particular benefits that members can use including free software and discounts with preferred partners such as salesgenie

The APMAA is structured as a taxable entity versus a non-taxable entity or not for profit as you like to call it. It requires less reporting and hence less cost so that more money can be directed to member benefits. Both the IBBA and AMAA "not for profit" organizations charge substantially more than the APMAA for membership.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 100 points
  • Helpful Answers - 100 points