Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2008 1:43 PM by smallbizguy5

Any advice?

smallbizguy5 Newbie
      I'm looking to get my lisence to broker properties (freight). The school is anywhere from $1500-$3500, and there is a $10,000 surety bond you have to obtain as insurance.

I am fairly young, and have not-so-good credit. Are there any lenders that specialize in business/insurance for the creditly challenged?
        • Re: Any advice?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Any advice?? Welcome. Tell us more

Where are you like city and state??

Tell us more about looking to get my license to broker properties (freight)??

What school?? Where??

LUCKIEST

• Re: Any advice?
              smallbizguy5 Newbie
              Thanks for the response Lucky,

I live in Phoenix, AZ. As a freight broker, I would simply find manufacturers with carriers, and charge a small brokerage fee. To do so, I need the capitol to pay the carrier within so-many business days. There are licenses and fees associated with obtaining the license, and well fees for registering with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. There is also a $10,000 insurance bond needed.

As far as the schooling goes, my business plan allows me to take an online/over the phone class with someone already established in the business who can give me step-by-step instruction.

Thanks again Lucky, hopefully I answered all your questions.