Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2008 1:20 PM by TWISTSCISSOR

LOANS AND GRANTS

TWISTSCISSOR Newbie

I JUST OPENED THE DOORS TO MY SALON 8 MONTHS AGO AS A SOLE PROPRIOTOR I AM IN THE MIDST OF CHANGING OVER TO AN LLC. I STARTED THE BUSSINESS SOLELY WITH CASH NO LOANS NO GRANTS AND UNFORTUNATELY NO CREDIT CARDS,ALL OF THE SALONS BILLS ARE UP TO DATE AND ALL OUR FURNITURE IS PAID FOR UNFORTUNATELY AS IN ANY SALON BUSSINES IT TAKES TIME TO BUILD A CLIENTLE AND NOW I AM AT THE END OF MY CAPITOL I HAD STARTED WITH I AM HAVING AN EXTREME HARD TIME GETTING FUNDS AND NOW THAT THE CLIENTLE IS GROWING I FEEL AS THOUGH I AM PEDDLING BACKWARDS IT TRULY WOULD BE ASHAME TO HAVE TO CLOSE THE DOORS JUST AS WE ARE GETTING BUSY...HELP
        • Re: LOANS AND GRANTS
          LUCKIEST Guide
          LOANS AND GRANTS. Welcome Crystal to this web site.

Why all capitals. One it is hard to read and second it sounds like you are shouting.

THE TWISTED SCISSOR SALON LOCATED IN HAMDEN, CT

How large a loan?? And for how long?? Do you have an Accountant?? Have you tried your bank??

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE.

LUCKIEST
            • Re: LOANS AND GRANTS
              TWISTSCISSOR Newbie

I apologise for all the caps I really wasn't shouting.......at least $50,000 that way we dont end up back here asking where we can go again.We would hope to be able to stretch the loan over a 10yr period . We do have an accountant and a payroll service through him We have been to the banks and were turned down because of lack of credit and the business was too new We recently found out through the economic program they have here in Hamden Ct that most likely us not being an LLC or LLP was another reason for turndowns. We are now awaiting our LLC certificate in hopes that will help.I have tried everything at this point to secure busines loans and grants and come up with business ideas to boost revenue but the salon business is really based on word of mouth.