Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2008 3:08 PM by WHCVAC

New Queens Volunteer Ambulance Corps Needs Funding

WHCVAC Newbie

I would like to take this opportunity to extend our greetings to you on behalf of Wood-Heights Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc.Wood-Heights Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc. is a new, community-based organization created by myself, and a group of dedicated and qualified emergency healthcare professionals.

The objective of Wood Heights Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps is to render Emergency Medical Care in a professional and courteous manner to all patients residing, working, or visiting the areas of Jackson Heights, Woodside, and Elmhurst. It is also the goal of WHVAC to provide community awareness of all current and emerging health threats that may impact the area served. WHVAC is committed to offering professional assistance to neighboring FDNY EMS battalions, FDNY Engine/Ladder companies, NYPD precincts and Department of Correction facilities.

We have been more than fortunate to be receiving assistance from district leader Michael Den Dekker, Carmen Velazquez Esq., and the Wood-Heights Democratic Club. We appreciate their continued support and everything they have done for us, however, as a new organization, we are in need of funds to meet our financial needs. We have a few upcoming Health Department application fees to cover, the acquisition of a base of operations, the purchase of Ambulances, and a great deal of operation expenses such as the purchase of Medical Supplies and Equipment, Utilities, Building maintenance, Vehicle maintenance and repairs, insurance costs for the building, the vehicles and our members, and the purchase of office equipment and supplies.

Every one of these needs is essential for us to operate successfully and efficiently and any assistance you can provide us with is welcomed and greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your attention in this matter. I would be more than happy to meet with you to discuss further. Please feel free to contact me at (718) 669-1429 if you have any questions.

Marc A. Mastros
      President
      Wood Heights Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc.
      www.whvac.webs.com