Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2008 12:42 AM by jnees1023

Virtual Assisttants

newkid Newbie
      How many Virtual Assistants are there in and around the Charlotte, NC area? I am just trying to get my part time business up and running. I still have a lot to do but plan to get started by July.
        • Re: Virtual Assisttants
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Virtual Assistant, Welcome to the newkid

A Virtual Assistant (or simply VA), is an independent contractor
          providing administrative, technical, or sometimes creative assistance
          to clients--usually to other independent entrepreneurs and solo and
          small business practices, such as that of a lawyer or realtor. Virtual
          assistants work from their own office (hence "virtual"), thus making it
          a fairly popular (and growing) profession. It is estimated that there
          are about ??? in the Charlotte, NC area.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          • Re: Virtual Assisttants
            jnees1023 Wayfarer

As for the name, check out your county and/or state records to see if the name is already taken. Most of the time, this information is available online. If not, you can go to your county's offices and look through their database. Once you've picked your name, one tip I can give you is to go to godaddy.com and do a search for domain names. If you want to use your business name as your domain name (assuming you want to have a website), make sure the domain name is not taken. If it is, think of a variation of the domain name. If all else fails you might want to rethink your business name to make sure there is a domain name available that is suitable for it.

As for information, I HIGHLY recommend checking out the Virtual Assistant Forums at http://www.virtualassistantforums.com There is endless information on the ins and outs of running a VA business full or part time and a lot of great people to bounce ideas off of. Good luck! Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Jackie Nees

Integrity Office Solutions

http://www.integrityofficesolutions.com