Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2008 4:03 PM by puzzleman

Little amounts can make a huge difference to your finances

caffeinated Scout
      As gas and food prices rise, budgeting gets harder month to month. So you always hear that cutting back on the small things can make a huge difference in your overall financial health. But the first thing everyone advises to cut back on is buying your daily coffee and and instead making it from home. Personally, that's the last thing I would ever skimp on. It NEVER tastes the same! A well made coffee puts me in a great mood for the day and I would never mess with that. Of course I'm biased being a coffee shop owner....still there's plenty of other non-essentials that should be considered first.
        • Re: Little amounts can make a huge difference to your finances
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Little amounts can make a huge difference.

Yes I agree with your first sentence and your second.
          Never cut back on coffee, however everybody can and does find ways to cut back.

Again, cutting back does not always make a HUGE difference. Small differences can add up.

I am reminded of one of the Superman movies where the bad guy went after the rounding of
          pennies when companies payed their payroll taxes

How is business at the coffee shop?? LUCKIEST
            puzzleman Tracker
            Caffeinated, Take a moment and look at the oppotunity you have been given.

People are being told to make their coffee at home. But you don't want them too. You need to set yourself up as a service that will save your customer time (which equals money) by not having to shop for the coffee, make the coffee and clean up the mess on the counter and the machine. Besides, you also probably offer other things in your shop to help them save more time. If you make sandwiches for the lunch crowd, how about offering them in the morning for people on their way into work so they don't have to go out for lunch?

Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining. Figure out a way for your customers to think that they can't get by without you in the morning.

Jim
              wabcllc Newbie

Rather then cutting back on purchasing your morning coffee, make it a marketing opportunity ..... talk to others in line, say 'good morning' to those people you see daily, TALK to them, learn what they do, let them know what you do ... this is a great opportunity to expand you business while you are treating yourself to a good cup of coffee !!
                designer Tracker
                It really is true how little things add up. I was on eBay last week and bought some beads from one seller, I bought a pendant from another seller, I got some crystals from Japan, I bought a clasp from another bead shop and while each one was around $20.00-$30.00 each seperate sale...at the end iI had spent about $200.00 with shipping and handling. Then, people want to question why it cost $200.00 to buy a necklace piece and that doesn't even account for the time spent to have to make it....it really does add up!