Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on May 25, 2008 5:32 PM by Adducent

Start-up company

ivorybrad Newbie
      Hi,my name is Ivory Bradley and I am trying to start my own trucking company which will be called Bradley Trucking,but I do not have the funds.I only need 25,000.00 to put my down payment on the truck and start-up capital.I only have a 1993 GrandMarquise to put up for collateral.I have already secured a contract with a carrier.I have a business plan availiable.I would be getting a international box truck with a 26' foot bed.I would be transporting goods to the following states:MS,TX,AL,AR,LA,GA,FL,and TN.I would gross around 45-5,500 dollars a week.Can anyone please give me advise on this.Your advice would greatly appreciated.
        • Re: Start-up company

Hi Ivory,

I have considerable experience in business (26 years plus), sarting, buying & selling my own businesses. One of the businesses I bought, built up and sold was a trucking company. It is always a good idea to get your business idea or plan down on paper. Its especially important for start-ups that may be looking for funding or investors at some point. In general Business Plans are made up of the following:

1. Executive Summary
          2. Market Opportunity
          3. Vision, Mission, & Objectives
          4. Management
          5. Business Strategy
          6. Competition
          7. Risk
          8. Financial Plan
          9. Capital Requirements
          10. Summary

From my experience helping with business plans; they fall into 3 categories of use:

1. Internal Planning: Business Formation & Development
          2. Internal Planning and presentation to close contacts that might want to invest in their business.
          3. Internal Planning, close contacts presentation and presentation to experienced investors and/or sources of funding for the business.

Feel free to email me at ... I don't mind to take a look at your business plan and give you some feedback on your plan.

Dennis Lowery

Adducent, Inc.