Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2008 1:53 PM by LUCKIEST

Struggling

Ms.Keyuni Newbie
      I am in my start up stages of my business, it is an Intensive In-home agency working with at risk children and adolescents and their families. I have invested so much time and energy into this business that I get frustrated at times. After sending my information off to the state licensing, it was kicked back to me stating that I need to have another 80k in my business account. I have made several sacrifices to get the amount that I have and I am so frustrated right now. The funny thing is the state is what pays my company to provide counseling services to these families. Someone please give me some kind of information or some advice on what I can do because I am frustrated and want to just shut my business down. I know that I have gone to far to do that but I am really frustrated.
        • Re: Struggling
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Struggling, and welcome to this web site.

Tell us more. Where are you located like city and state.
          You start by saying " I am in my start up stages of my business" and end with
          "want to just shut my business down" Confusing??

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE.
          I am a SCORE Counselor and have helped in home agencies get started in N Y.

LUCKIEST
            MetroGal Adventurer
            Can you tell us more about your specific situation so more people on this forum can provide helpful advice?
              Ms.Keyuni Newbie
              I am located in Richmond Virginia, My situation is that I started planning this buisness over a yr ago. What is frustrating me the most is every month the licensing is telling me that I need more and more money in my business account. My budget plan reflected that the employees that I have will not get paid within the first 90 days which allows me to build up revenue for the business before I start hiring a full staff, The staff that I currently have are family members who have the skills and education to work with these at risk juveniles are are willing to work for no payment until the business is up and running sufficiently. By the state asking me to produce more money in the business account before they will issue my license. I cut costs for alot of things instead of moving into my office space,I made my home my office. Now they are saying in addition to the monies that I need to have in the account, I need to move into my office space. if you want to know more about the business you can go to the website.
              www.fromthegroundupyouthservices.com