Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2008 9:46 AM by Clay08

Why would I not receive even one response to my question

Clay08 Newbie
      I posted a question yesterday asking about small business loans. Plenty of views and not one comment. any suggestions
        • Re: Why would I not receive even one response to my question
          amspcs Ranger
          Sorry, I guess I didn't see it.

Please provide details: How much needed? Type of business? Location? Your credit rating? etc.

Some possibilities:

SBA loan
          Traditional bank
          Credit card processing receivables advance
          Creative funding solutions

Provide some info and I'm confident you'll get some input and ideas.

BG
          amspcs@juno.com
          www.MerchantServices-help.com
            designer Tracker
            Don't take it personal, a lot of people are on "vacation" for Memorial Day Weekend - Holiday. People add one or two or three days to the week to really stretch it out.
              Iwrite Pioneer
              I didn't have an answer. There are areas where I can hang with the best but finances and lending I leave to the professionals. Sorry.
                TariqS Newbie
                Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm also in need of financing. I am a Vending Machine Operator and I've been in business for one year and two months. I incurred a lot of personal debt (because my business credit is still "young") in setting up my business and now I utilize 3 business credit cards. Each card has a purpose: gas,vending food/supplies,operating expenses. I am also looking for a business loan to consolidate all of my debt into one payment but I'm having a rough time finding the aggressive funding that I require...unless I use my home as collateral (My wife wouldn't like that). Right now, I'm adding one/two new vending machines every quarter to earn more revenue and that equipment will become my collateral in the future.

My thought is this - it's just a theory but I believe that If I purchase property for my business - even if it's a small office with an attached garage - that would shift the focus off of my home and onto business assets and open a few doors that were closed before. I'm in Connecticut where real estate costs and taxes are kind of "wacky" but there are hundreds of properties that have housed businesses in the past and the owners really want to let the property go...maybe at a lower cost...

Perhaps that may be an option...
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger
                  The original "question" was:
                  I need some advice on where to start in getting a small business loan.

You start by developing a business plan, making an appointment with your commerical banker, and requesting a loan. Really, that's the answer . . . but it sounds so simple and trite that I didn't post it initially (and I'm guessing other members felt the same). Since you posted four follow-ups, however, there it is.

You'll probably get more helpful answers if you can be more specific about what you need to know regarding those steps. Or if you're seeking something else (like responses or proposals from alternative lenders in the community), you might indicate that. Also, be patient -- it takes a few days for regular contributors to get around to everything that's new -- some people only respond during the day, some only in the evening, and some only on weekends.

Welcome to the community and good luck.
                      Clay08 Newbie
                      Thankyou lighthouse. I appreciate you going back to the initial question. I have definately looked into the commercial lending side with a business plan, but the banks are very tight with this wonderful economy that we have right now. I would rather give up a little bit more of a percentage to a private lender than to have to deal with the bank. They are offering 80% of the new equipment value, which is understandable. However, I have included initial startup cost in the figure that I am asking for. i.e. advertising, marketing and a small cusion while we train the staff.