Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2008 11:12 AM by DomainDiva

Physiscian heal thyself.

Iwrite Pioneer
      I keep telling clients to think outside the box, I think it is time I took the advice for myself.

I really would like your input on this: I am thinking about running a couple of informative 60 second radio spots about some of the advertising subjects that I have discussing here. After two or three weeks, I think I will follow up the spots with an invitation for a small group to meet at a local restraunt for a free dinner and a more indepth question and answer period. There will be no selling, no pitching - it is only an opportunity to introduce myself and my agency to a group of small business owners.

What are your thoughts?

Would you attend?

What would you need to hear to pique your interest?

• Re: Physiscian heal thyself.
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Thinking outside the box. YES I think it is a GREAT idea.

After you have run the radio ad, follow up with phone calls asking if they heard the ad,
          and then maybe an invite (but you know all this)

Insurance people, Stock and Bond people do it all the time.
          We get invites by mail, or by phone to have a FREE lunch or dinner at local restaurants.
          YES we do attend SELECTIVELY based on WHO and WHAT, but not the restaurant.

It is a cost of business and yes you can pick up new clients.

LUCKIEST
            DomainDiva Ranger
            Jim Collins, my visual communication guru and I would LOVE to be there.

Our little biz app is so unusual that having some new input would be beneficial. (NOTE*** Jim does not let me have my way all the time).

Maybe a group of us would like to arrange a meeting place and make a weekend out of it?
              Lighthouse24 Ranger

Great idea. I'd suggest 30-second spots, however, unless you have name recognition in your market (i.e., people would listen just because it's you talking). You get a lot more for your money with 30-second spots, the programmer can more easily achieve spread and saturation with shorter spots, and a full minute is an eternity to radio listeners these days anyway. Use the thirty seconds to grab them, then send them to a website for the "whole story."

You're trying to market to business owners. So is the advertising staff of a radio station. So rather than just buying or bidding on ad time, consider proposing a partnership with them. You might be surprised at how much the station would be willing to discount or absorb in exchange for face time with the clientele you draw to a luncheon or Q&A session.

Good luck!
                Iwrite Pioneer
                Please pardon the spelling of "physician," I am battling allergy medicine and lack of sleep.

All the replies have been a great help.

I am still in the planning stages but I will definitely be doing this.

Domain Diva, I would love to do something like that.

Lighthouse, I have some feelers out to the local stations. I am not sure if I am going to team up with them. They tend to be too hard sell for what I am trying to do.

This is something that most advertising agencies don't do, we do not advertise ourselves, and I think that is so wrong.

Stay tuned for more information.