Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2008 12:51 PM by Iwrite

Advertising - no one's baby is ever ugly.

Iwrite Pioneer
      How attractive is your baby? Really.

Everyone has a great product or service. No one ever has an average product. That is one of the greatest challenges for an advertising agency, a client who wants to claim that their product or service is great when it isn't.

I received a flyer from a Steak delivery franchise in the area today that got me to thinking. The tagline is "Heaven to go."

My first reaction was, "yeah, right."

Then as I was preparing to throw it away, I stopped and thought about why I was going to throw this away. The answer is simple, the claim was too big to believe. How good can a steak delivered be?

"Heaven to go?" Get real.

My reaction has grown from disbelief to dislike, and I haven't even tried the product. The design of the piece is okay, the prices seem fair but I can't get passed the tagline. I know someone thought it might be cute or that the product was that good but I'm not buying it.

It is important to craft a message that promotes your product, service and business but does so in a believable fashion. Let me try it and decide that it is the next best thing. Don't try to tell me how great it is.

This is a function of a good advertising person - to challenge the claims, to keep them believable. If you are not getting this, then demand it.

Does your tagline help or hurt your business?

How attractive is your baby?