Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2008 2:01 PM by Adducent

Investors and Business plan needed for oversees project

disk24 Newbie

Hello all,

I currently have a company that has been registered as a LLC for the last 2 years.

My current project pertains to developing between 200 and 1000 acres of land with rubber, and 50 acres with cash crops in an undeveloped or emerging country. Preliminary figures are approximately $500,000 needed per 200 acre to plant and manage the rubber for 7 years. Once production starts you have a net income of roughly $300,000 for 20 years.

I need assistance with my Business plan and yes I know about Score but have never contacted them. I need all the help I can get with this business plan.

My next issue would be how hard is it to find investors willing to invest in a startup company, based in USA but with a project in a foreign country? I've started contacting Oversees Private Investment Corp. which offers various products to assist like:
      loans (You have to have 45 % of amount for the project)

Political risk Insurance(Currency Inconvertibility ,Expropriation ,Political Violence ,Standalone Terrorism

My thinking is that if the Return on Investments, Management and Insurance are all in place. It should be a smart and profitable investment. But I know that all things don't work out the way you plan. The rubber has an immaturity period of 5 to 7 years. But has a life span of 20 plus years of production.

I'm still in the beginning stages of getting this project off the ground. But any assistance would be highly appreciated. Also I didn't mentions this, but this project will also help to improve the lives of between 100 and 300 individuals trying to maintain a better life. With low to no employment in this country. This project will be well received by the people and government as helping to uplift lives.
        • Re: Investors and Business plan needed for oversees project
          equilibristic Newbie
          If you have the business plan readily available, please send it to me at the earliest. If the business plan is not available then you send me the exact details of the land you own and the proposal with some projections.

Regards,

Prashant
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Investors and Business plan needed for oversees project

Welcome to this web site. I am a SCORE Counselor and also could be interested
            in investing in your project once I know more.
            You said "I need assistance with my Business plan and yes I know about Score but
            have
            never contacted them. I need all the help I can get with this
            business plan.
            O K get back to me at " pdeig@juno.com " and lets see if we are a match.
            Also include a phone number.
            Since you are still in the beginning stages of getting this project off the ground,
            I can help, LUCKIEST
              Tracker

Starting a business begins with the right preparation and developing your business plan is one of the most important things to accomplish. Its particularly important if your objective is to raise money or find sources of funding for your business (especially so since your project is overseas):

In general Business Plans are made up of the following:

• Executive Summary
              • Market Opportunity
              • Vision, Mission, & Objectives
              • Management
              • Business Strategy
              • Competition
              • Risk
              • Financial Plan
              • Capital Requirements
              • Summary

Does your business plan have all the above components?

From my experience helping dozens of businesses with business plans; they fall into 3 categories of use:

1. Internal Planning: Business Formation & Development
              2. Internal Planning and presentation to close contacts that might want to invest in their business.
              3. Internal Planning, close contacts presentation and presentation to experienced investors and/or sources of funding for the business.

I can help you and evaluate what shape your plan is in (where it falls in the above categories) and give you some feedback and guidance (including steps on making it "investor-ready" for presentation to lenders/funding sources). I also may have some funding sources that might be of help to you but that would be too lengthy to get into in a "back and forth" forum reply.

Please look at my profile, for information about me and my contact info, and other posts in this forum. I'm going to be out of the office shortly for the rest of Memorial Day but will be in the rest of this week if you would like to give me a call or email to set a time to talk about your business plan.

Regards,
              Dennis Lowery
              Adducent, Inc.