Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2008 6:35 AM by LUCKIEST

New Small Business-Hard

Newtothis Newbie
      My husband and I just started a small publication business in Nashville, Tennessee in December 2007 and it is really hard. We have been married 4 years this year and both have had been married before and have low credit scores and figured with our new business we could get ahead to clear some debt. We started with our own money and now we are barely making it after we pay our employees. We need about $6000.00 dollars to get us over the hurdle and could pay it back on a monthly basis in the amount of $400.00-$500.00 a month if we can just get the initial to get over. We have tried several agencies and every one has said send the money for insurance and then they would send us the money...yea right:)
        • Re: New Small Business-Hard
          LUCKIEST Guide
          New Small Business-Hard, Welcome to this web site
          *Tell me more about your *publication business in Nashville?? How large??
          Do you have an accountant?? Have you developed a Business and Marketing Plan??
          Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              Newtothis Newbie
              No I don't know about score. Yes we just acquired an accountant in January that looked at our business and did our 1180's for our employees and then charged us $500.00 for that. We don't have one that keeps the books I am currently doing them until we get ahead where we can secure this person and be able to pay them. It is the tennessean newspaper and we are independent agents that they hire to run districts. We employee 17 people to run 25 different areas. We had one of our employees to swindle us out of some money 800.00 to be exact that really set us back. My husband and I are christians and try to do everything with integrity and it just doesn't seem to work unless you stab someone in the back to get ahead. Going in we pick up some employees that were already currently working for the Tennessean before they acquired independent agents and we paid them at the same rate to be fair but our money comes under this. I do have a business plan but not a marketing plan.

Thanks for inquiring and giving any information you can! Be Blessed!
              TJMorehead Adventurer
              Hello Newtothis,

What are your scores exactly? If you don't want to post them here, feel free to email me at moreheadsconnections@gmail.com.

Warm regards,
              TJMorehead
              www.moreheadsconnections.com