Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2009 11:34 AM by Jayskiier

Special Needs Day Care and After School Care

specialtouch Newbie
      I have been teaching Special Needs students for more than 20 years. The biggest problems I encounter in this profession is Parents working and not having care for their child/children before and after school. Most Day Cares are not willing to provide the service for the "Special Child" pass age 9. Special children do grow up and they are unable to stay at home alone.
      My plan is to provide services before and after school, also a "Parents Day Out," that is without the kiddos. To provide a full range of services and dedicated professionals from Certified Special Teachers, Certified Home Trainers, Counseling, and more.
      I am in the Texas area and I am in need of a building in the Cedar Hill, Grand Prairie, Arlington, or Dallas Metro area. This is my first business start, and I could really use financial assistance.
      by Special-Touch
        • Re: Special Needs Day Care and After School Care
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Special Needs Day Care, Welcome, a truely touching story.

I am Treasurer of an Independent Living Center so I can relate

Sorry, I wish i lived closer to Texas, BUT you will get some great responses.

Two suggestions. 1) You will need a Business and Marketing Plan.

2) Contact your local SCORE office. SCORE is FREE

and please let me know how you make out. LUCKIEST

LUCKIEST
            skyblue Newbie

Hello Special Touch

If you are still looking for a building, equipment and funding we could help.

We have commercial realtors and daycare consultants that could locate affordable buildings for you day care.

You can also apply for Working Capital up to 50,000 which requires:

No Business Plan Needed
            No Financial Statements
            No Tax Returns Requested
            No Collateral Needed
            No Early Payment Penalties and,
            No Equity Injection Required

Restriction Apply. Loans are subject to government and lender approval.

We also have other types of funding. If you would like to speak with one of our consultants please feel free to contact us at the information listed below. Thank you for your time and good luck.

Thank You
            Nadine Cerf/CFC
            Professional Business Development
            281-448-8219 office
            281-657-7885 fax
            866-363-7931 toll free
            startupsolutionsinc@yahoo.com
            www.startupsolutonsinc.com
              Mergent Adventurer
              SpecialTouch,

I highly respect you for what you are doing. My name is Brian Mosko, and I own Mergent Planning. I would like to sit down with you and talk about your project, and I would like to offer my services in writing your business plan for a VERY reduced cost.

It is nice to see someone who wants to give back to the community, and I would like to help make that dream a reality.

Please feel free to call me on my direct line at 702-538-1798 when you get a chance. You can also e-mail me at brian@mergentplanning.com.

Look forward to helping you.

Best Regards,

Brian Mosko
              Mergent Planning
              702-538-1798
              brian@mergentplanning.com
                Jayskiier Newbie
                Special Touch, I'm curious if you ever got your special needs daycare off the ground.
                We have a special needs child age 3 that we have major problems getting into a daycare that will deal with her needs. What we are finding is one of us will have to not work and stay home with her to "home school' her. We are also interested in starting a special needs daycare to address the need for specialized daycare in our area ( Texas Hill Country). We have heard that one out of 150 children have special needs and no-one seems to be offering care for them in our area. It seems like the Federal Govt., schools etc. all seem to sidestep the issue or deny the need in order to avoid dealing with it. ( If a school accepts an issue of a child they have to address it and offer help so they generally try to deny there is a problem.)
                We are wondering what all is involved in starting such a daycare center, and would appreciate any tips you might offer. Our child has undergone ECI and has grown past the 3 yr old cutoff. She progressed well during ECI but now that she is past that 3 yr old cutoff age there is little help for her. Im sure there are many many others who are in the same boat. We want to help and address the problem for our little one and others in the same situation.