Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2008 2:49 PM by Lighthouse24

LLC Formation/Newspapers Add

deipec Newbie

Hi,

I just formed an LLC in the Bronx County. I went to the County Clerks office to find out about the newspapers where new companies need to list the formation of their businesses.

I was told that I needed to publish the company in two different newspapers. One of them need to publish the add daily for 6 weeks and the other once a week for 6 weeks also.

#1 New York Law Journal

#2 Bronx Times Reporter

When I called the above newspapers they both told me that they publish the add once a week. So the question here is which is the correct information: one a week or daily for six weeks?

Secondly, newspaper #1 is a little pricy and the clerk informed me New York Law Journal is "required". I have seen other newspapers where this type of add is published, is it true that newspaper #1 is required?

Any comments and/or suggestion is well appreciated.

Thanks.
        • Re: LLC Formation/Newspapers Add
          LUCKIEST Guide
          LLC Formation/ Newspapers Add,
          Welcome to the world of Big Business. Everybody in business should have
          An Accountant, a Lawyer and maybe an insurance Agent.
          Now is the time to ask the professional

Try contacting your LOCAL SCORE office. They might know

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          • Re: LLC Formation/Newspapers Add
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

It's one time per week in the daily paper (and in the weekly paper, too, of course).

The law gives county clerks the power to decide which newspapers are required, so if that's what you were told (and you have no reason to doubt the knowledge of the person who told you), then that's probably what you'll have to do.

Best wishes.