Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2008 12:31 AM by Lighthouse24

Loans.

designer Tracker
      It feels like this forum is just being saturated with posting after posting after posting about people wanting a "loan". We're in a recession, where do these people think this money is going to come from? Do people think the dollar bills are just going to fall down from the sky?
        • Re: Loans.
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Loans: Do people think the dollar bills are just going to fall down from the sky?? YES

It would be MOST interesting to call, write or some how FOLLOW UP on all postings

asking for Money, Loans, or Investors. (How many received financing??)

We're in a recession??

Again LUCKIEST
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

You're right, the quantity of loan-seeking posts is overwhelming -- but I think it's to be expected. BoA's "bank of opportunity" television ads run frequently (some of those would make you want to start your own business even if you hadn't thought about it before). Prospective business owners see them, visit the BoA website, follow the link to the SBOC, and then see about 600 posts by people asking for money to start a business. I'm sure that some of the first time visitors, who have no business or borrowing experience (and nothing but a wish or an idea), assume that there is a group of people somewhere monitoring the posts and dishing out start-up funding. The ads really do come across like "if you can dream it, we can give you the money for it." If only . . .
                AJDLaundry Wayfarer
                oh, it all starts that way doesnt it. with an idea. then you find or dabble into another area in your attempt to learn the rules of the business game, and you follow those sites, looking and trying to discover just how you can make your idea marketable. The journey starts with a first step somewhere. It seems that those of you who obviously are PROs and in the business of "business" are disturbed by us first timers. Sorry. But even you started that way and probably without the internet joys.

have a groovy day.

Happy businessing to ya.
                    Lighthouse24 Ranger

I'm not "disturbed" by first-timers. Gee, I answer a lot of first-timer questions here for free (I answered two of the three you posted).

Yes, my journey started with a first step, but that step (and many more after it) involved planning and saving to get my original idea off the ground. So while I can sometimes offer useful advice to owners who are seeking funds for business growth or expansion, I just don't have any personal experience I can draw on to help a first-timer get seed (start-up) capital from total strangers.
                  AJDLaundry Wayfarer
                  after listening to the news yet again TODAY, there are tons of people out there who still do have money and wanting to invest in businesses. you know how it is, it takes money to make money. well the average working class doesnt have deposable money around, so to reach out to those who do have, is not a dumb thing to do. one may never know until they try. correct. ???

have a great day.