Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2008 12:19 PM by simon07

A favorite quote...#124

designer Tracker
      "A true measure of your worth includes all the benefits others have gained from your success." Cullen Hightower, Author
        • Re: A favorite quote...#124
          Iwrite Pioneer
          This is one of the best parts of this forum! I had never read or heard this quote. But I will be adding it to my favorites. Thank you.

I needed to hear this today.

I have this quiet dream that as soon as I can get the agency to a certain size, I am going to hire some of my friends (4) who have the skills I need but are working in other industries. We have been friends forever and I want them to share in the success of my dream because they were there when I first dreamed it and they didn't laugh. In fact, they always believed I could do it. It was their belief in me that has helped me through the really hard times.
              designer Tracker
              Hi, Iwrite! I'm glad the quote helped give you that extra boost today! Makes me feel that my participation and contributions to the SBOC are appreciated, as well! Have a good one! (I hate when people say that...."have a good one"... A good one, what? A good morning, a good ice cream cone, a good meeting, etc. what is one??? Ha Ha.). So, I usually say..have a great day! Which some people find a little phoney...but I think it's sincere and I always mean it...Have a great day!!!!
                  Iwrite Pioneer
                  Funny, you should say, "have a good one."

The agency I am contracting at right now is selling mimosas and all kinds of baked goods in the morning and a variety of alcoholic beverages, including domestic and imported along with wine in the afternoon as a fundraiser for the America Cancer Society! LOL

I don't drink or I would have a real "good one!!"

I prefer have a good one, it covers whatever I am going to do.
                simon07 Wayfarer

Inspiring quote. We should always help others when possible. The sign of a true leader is someone that gives the credit/praise to others vs. takes credit for themselves.