Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2008 12:24 PM by simon07

Business Plan

santos514 Adventurer
      Why is it best to have a professional write your business ?
        • Re: Business Plan
          Lighthouse24 Ranger

I don't necessarily think it is. No one knows more about your business vision than you.

I do think it's a good idea to have a professional review the plan you've written when you believe that it is finished, and to offer you honest feedback and suggestions. I also think it's essential to have a professional help you "package" the plan if you are going to present it to lenders or investors.

The simple reason is experience -- most business owners have never written a complete business plan, and even fewer have had to provide one to support a loan request or investment proposal. A qualified professional has probably written and reviewed hundreds, and should be able to offer guidance on what will make the plan --- and the business itself -- flop or fly. A secondary reason is that if you pay a professional to review your plan and take the advice offered, he/she will probably have a vested interest in seeing you succeed (i.e., the up-front fee often lays the groundwork for quite a lot of valuable follow-up assistance).

Just my perspective . . .
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Business Plan, I always agree with Lighthouse. Good advice.
            I am a SCORE COunselor and SCORE helps people in business FREE.
            A SCORE Counselor can help you develop a Business Plan in person, or online. FREE
            Also SCORE has a FREE online Seminar with 26 FREE Courses at " www.score.org "
            and the first course is Developing A Business Plan.
            Good luck, LUCKIEST
              SBC Team Guide
              Hello santos514,

Thank you for your most recent post. To better organize content, your post was moved to the "Starting a Business" category. Community Feedback is reserved more for feedback as it relates to the small business online community website. Thanks again for your contributions.

Best wishes,
              The SBOC Team
                simon07 Wayfarer
                I don't think a professional would necessarily write a better plan for you. But, they can probably offer a good structure to get you started. I agree with the logic that having a different set of eyes on your document is beneficial and can offer a different perspective. The perspective can be from a wider pool of people vs. a business plan writer.