Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2008 4:53 PM by LUCKIEST

Summer vacation.

designer Tracker
      With the economy the way it is...how many will still go on a summer vacation this year? Many business owners will probably think twice if they can afford to treat themself and thier family. Do you think it's important to live life as business as usual, or do you think it's important to kind of hold back and just work harder to make goals?
        • Re: Summer vacation.
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Summer vacation, It varies both by individual and by business.
          We have plans to spend time in Cabo San Lucas and if it is going to cost more, so be it.
            Bluesuit Adventurer
            This year, with all the airlines consolidating I'm not so sure that I want to make plans. If I do make plans, I'm safer doing it at the last minute to avoid flight cancellations/flight changes. But, I will probably be sticker shocked!
              LogoMotives Wayfarer
              With a partner who has a "real" job with 6+ weeks of paid vacation each year we will still travel about as much as usual this summer - it's still cheaper than therapy! Our annual two-week spring vacation to the island of St. Croix went as planned. Our major concession to the economic situation will be not traveling to Europe this fall like most years. The value of the dollar overseas has made many of the expenses ridiculous. My business is totally portable so I will still be doing much of my design and writing on the road and from incredible remote locations.
                  femart Newbie
                  Well, if you dont join in the wave to save on your travels and earn commission from travels booked through your site. Please feel free to book your next flight through my site and please tell all your other buddies.
                  The website is www.femarttravels.com . Do me a favor, compare the prices with that of travelocity and its likes and see for yourself. Travelocity has all the money to advertise hence this means.

Thanks to book through us in an effort to promote a small business or join in and become your own travel agent
                      LogoMotives Wayfarer
                      Most of our travel is booked with airline miles earned from business travel for speaking engagements and other events - and the business travel is paid for by others. The recent St. Croix trip cost us $25 each in taxes and we had a friend's house to stay in for two weeks. That is the way to really save on vacations. :o)
                    LUCKIEST Guide
                    Summer vacation, Per today's New York Times (Business section),

Only 33% of Americans plan to take a summer trip this year, compared with 40% last year.

Also those who do plan a trip, almost half intend to scale back their plans,
                    eating out less and spending fewer days away.

As said before, we still have plans to spend time in Cabo San Lucas.

LUCKIEST