Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2009 6:12 PM by Hansed

Stamps go up on May 12th 1 penny!

designer Tracker
      The postage rates are going up on Monday, May 12th. Hurry and get your "Forever Stamps" this week!!! (If you can)....
        • Re: Stamps go up on May 12th 1 penny!
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Stamps go up on May 12th, Thanks

It seems that EVERYTHING is going UP
            terra_cotta Newbie
            Ugh, not again. The whining at the post office will be unending.
              Hansed Newbie
              No, stamps are going up two cents for a FC letter totaling .44 .

For those that do not know, that price is good for once ounce and provided it is not over 1/4" thick.
              Size makes the difference whether you pay .59 for two ounces with the added.17 or $1.00.
              A thick enveloppe (over 1/4") that is two ounces now is a "large envelope" the same price as a "flat envelope" weighing the same. That is .83 plus .17 = $1.00

What does trhis mean? People are trifolding their mail and disqualifying lettersize postage rates by making it too thick. Get the 5 x 9 envelopes and one can byfold it and save .41 cents a piece.
              These standards changed two YEARS ago and I still see customers in the Post Office that don't get it.

One lady called and said I havve a new postage meter. I hit the button and it spit .42 for an envelope. I returned it becasue it did not have the minimum .83 for the large envelope or called "flat" she was mailng I askeed her to touch the button on more time and it will give you the correct price for the large envelope starting at .83 plus the .17 for each ounce over one ounce.

The Post Office is hurting too. We lack the revenue that comes in from customers over the window as well as the bulk business mailers. Yes, junk mail that pays one third of my salary. Be patient with us when receiveing the third class standard mail. The ads are getting smaller and the newspapers are thinner.
              We are seeing a lot of people going to online newsletters instead of mailing the hard copies. Printing and postage ads up for the smaleeer NON-Profit mailers. Cusomter meter postage gets credit but we still have too large a payroll.

Online postage and packaing services were to help but I believe we a lousing by giving the online discounts.
              Would you like do do bulk mail? It is avaiable for all classes of mail . Talk to me.

This is my fulltime job but I am thre musicians posted on the forum.

Erik - USPS

New Jersey Live Musicians LLC oin the weekends
                  Hansed Newbie
                  Re: Stamps go up on May 12th 1 penny! Mar 20, 2009

No, stamps are going up two cents for a FC letter totaling .44 .

I must first apologize for not checking the spelling, it was terrible! Erik

For those that do not know, that price is good for once ounce and provided it is not over 1/4" thick.
                  Size makes the difference whether you pay .59 for two ounces with the added.17 or $1.00.
                  A thick envelope (over 1/4") that is two ounces now is a "large envelope" the same price as a "flat envelope" weighing the same. That is .83 plus .17 = $1.00

What does this mean? People are trifolding their mail and disqualifying letter size postage rates by making it too thick. Get the 5 x 9 envelopes and one can byfold it and save .41 cents a piece.
                  These standards changed two YEARS ago and I still see customers in the Post Office that don't get it.

One lady called and said I have a new postage meter. I hit the button and it spit .42 for an envelope. I returned it becasue it did not have the minimum .83 for the large envelope or called "flat" she was mailing I asked her to touch the button on more time and it will give you the correct price for the large envelope starting at .83 plus the .17 for each ounce over one ounce.

The Post Office is hurting too. They are closing several "districts" with the sales people and customer service reps that sell to bigger companies. Our district us Central Jersey district out of edison or Kilmer facility.

We lack the revenue that comes in from customers over the window as well as the bulk business mailers. Yes, junk mail that pays one third of my salary. Be patient with us when receiving the third class standard mail. The ads are getting smaller and the newspapers are thinner.
                  We are seeing a lot of people going to online newsletters instead of mailing the hard copies. Printing and postage ads up for the smaller NON-Profit mailers. Cusotmer meter postage gets credit but we still have too large a payroll.

Online postage and packaging services were to help but I believe we a lousing by giving the online discounts.
                  Would you like do bulk mail? It is available for all classes of mail . Talk to me.

This is my fall time job but I am the musicians posted on the forum.

Erik - USPS

New Jersey Live Musicians LLC on the weekends
                  Hansed Newbie
                  We should close Saturday as well and save a ton of money.

Hans USPS