Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2008 11:17 AM by designer

A favorite quote...#122 05-06-08

designer Tracker
      "It is a good idea to be ambitious, to have goals, to want to be good at what you do, but it is a terrible mistake to let drive and ambition get in the way of treating people with kindness and decency." Author Unknown

Does the "Queen of Mean" come to mind? Ha Ha
        • Re: A favorite quote...#122 05-06-08
          Iwrite Pioneer
          Nice one.

"Queen of Mean?"

What's Martha have to do with this? LOL

Oh wait, you're talking Mrs. Helmsley.

And in fairness to the ladies, don't forget Roger of GM, or Ken of Enron or countless other men. You get the point, the business landscape is littered with names of people who should have heeded this quote.

Thanks.
              designer Tracker
              In all fairness to Martha....(since we went there)... she has turned over a new leaf and redeemed herself. She is actually on my Celebrity page when I met her post-jail and is so sweet. She has one of my necklaces. Sooner or later, all the ladies in Hollywood will own a Fron piece. LOL!
                  Iwrite Pioneer
                  That got me to thinking, have you talked with any wardrobe folks about getting your pieces worn in commercials, shows and movies? I know you may have thought of this but I had to mention it. I will remember you when I shoot some more tv or web spots.

As for Martha, I am glad to hear it.

The horror stories I can tell you about some of the celebrities I have worked with! But I may have to work with them again. LOL
                      designer Tracker
                      Thanks! I'm on Linked In and connect with many wardrobe stylists. My jewelry has been worn on TV and in magazines. Just take a peek at my Web site BUZZ page. I hope to keep working hard to get my jewelry worn on many other shows. I send people on my Mailing List updates. I will probably have some pieces worn on VH1 as well. Thanks!