Post a new topic
    16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2008 3:45 PM by lfreeman

Quotes for Tough Times # 1

sbedge24 Wayfarer
      My company publishes magazines for business owners. For the last 6-9 months, we've been receiving emails from entrepreneurs telling us how tough things are in their respective marketplaces. We usually respond with two messages: a practical piece of advice on their specific issue, and a quote to help them climb their mountain. Without fail, people write back and thank us for sending them the quote.

To business owners, motivational & inspirational messages are more important today than ever before. People need to be reminded that the light at the end of their tunnel is not the headlight of an oncoming train!

I will use this space to share with you some of my favorite quotes which I've gathered over the last 20 years in business. Hope you like them and that they help in some way.

Carpe Diem!!

*_Quotes for T

1 - Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved - Helen Keller

2 - Life is like a grindstone--whether it grinds you down or polishes you up depends on what you're made of - Unknown

3 - When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly - Edward Teller

• Re: Quotes for Tough Times # 1
          NetMarketer Wayfarer

If you're going through Hell, keep going.

-Winston Churchill
            FCPainter Adventurer
            Personally, I always like "In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end"
              designer Tracker
              "Copying is the sincerest form of flattery."
                  sbedge24 Wayfarer
                  Designer,

I like your quote, but am looking for people to share quotes for "tough times." Let's provide people here with inspirational/motivational messages that help them deal with the fact that their largest customer just went out of business...or the big order they worked on for 9 months just went to another company overseas, etc...2008 is shaping up to be a VERY tough year for many business owners. We can all survive...some of us might even thrive...but we need reminders during our daily battles that many people before us have gone through similar experiences and were kind enough to share what they learned with us.

Thanks!
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger

I heard Wayne Dyer say something years ago that I have paraphrased and passed along at times:

When you squeeze an orange, you get orange juice. You never get apple juice or tomato juice. When anything (or anyone) is under pressure, their true essence comes out. When times are good, people can "invent" their outward appearance. When times are tough, you get to see what's really inside.
                  • Re: Quotes for Tough Times and to help motivate
                    MerchantrepWA Newbie
                    Hello, I would like to share my favorite motivators that I use to help motivate me in my sales career. I have found these quotes along the way and hope you will enjoy:

"If you won't use the energy it takes to get what you want, then you will use even more energy dealing with what you get"

"If it is going to be, then it is up to me"

I am not certain that the below statement is accurate, and to me it does not matter.. I use the statement to help motivate myself to continue to work hard to get the deal and to continue to try harder...........

Sales and follow up calls:
                    2% of sales are made on the 1st contact
                    3% of sales are made on the 2nd contact
                    5% of sales are made on the 3rd contact
                    10% of sales are made on the 4th contact
                    AND 80% of sales are made on the 5th -12th contact! Never give up!!

"People will forget what you said, but they never forget the way that you made them feel"
                      mpoweringu Wayfarer
                      I honestly do not mean to toot my own horn here, but there is a phrase that I have been telling myself and others over the course of my professional career anytime someone either gives me advice or tells me that what I am trying to do is crazy. We as entrepreneurs and business owners in a way are innovators and in times like this, we will try to come up with new innovative ways to keep the spark lighting in our companies. Like other innovators of our past, we are often called crazy!

"Is it words of wisdom or words of foolishness? Depends on who's listening." - Brian Hamlett
                        NetMarketer Wayfarer

Hey folks, don't look now but SBOC is on the first page of Google for "quotes on tough times"

Here's another one:

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
                        -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
                          notaging Wayfarer

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.

Abraham Lincoln

Mike Emard

Emard3@gmail.com

Solutions4antiaging.com
                            tqcouch Wayfarer
                            The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude;
                            be kind, but not weak;
                            be bold, but not bully;
                            be thoughtful, but not lazy;
                            be humble, but not timid;
                            be proud, but not arrogant;
                            have humor, but without folly.
                            "
                            Jim Rohn
                                Navigator
                                +I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad.
                                It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job.
                                The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a
                                gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's
                                nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.
                                We
                                know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit
                                watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had
                                fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way
                                it's supposed to be! We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't
                                go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is
                                getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our
                                living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted
                                radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone" Well, I'm not going to leave you alone. I want you to get mad!
                                I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to
                                riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't
                                know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the
                                depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first, you've got to get mad. You've gotta say, "I'm a
                                human being! My life has value!" So, I want you to get up now. I want
                                all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now
                                and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell, "I'm as mad
                                as hell,and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"+ -Howard Beale, Network

(Yes, I'm obsessed)