Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2008 5:20 PM by puzzleman

Sidewalk Advertising

caffeinated Scout
      i was thinking of doing some sidewalk advertising to get more foot know highlight a drink of the week or an upcoming event like a trivia night? do i need a permit for that? how do i find out?

do you see any negatives to this? i'm having nightmares of passerbys possibly tripping over it if they're not watching where they're walking....
        • Re: Sidewalk Advertising
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Sidewalk Advertising, Sounds like a Good Idea.
          Where are you located?? Where do you plan on advertising??
          Maybe just a sign in the window or attached to the building instead of something
          that can be tripped over.
          And YES you should check with the town or city to see if you need a permit.
          Good luck, LUCKIEST
            Lighthouse24 Ranger

This will be regulated by local business ordinances if your store front is on a public street, and most cities have a "code enforcement" division with a website or phone number you can contact for specific information. If your store front is in a private mall or shopping center, you can probably find the answer in your lease agreement (or by checking with the property manager). You might also check with your insurance company to see if they have any concerns. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Buffalo Adventurer
              We are a sign and custom printed apparel business. And we have found that many of our new customers see us because of our 2 sidewalk signs and our banner. We change them according to what we are promoting.
              We've never had any problems with people tripping over the sidewalk signs...knock on wood.
              You'll have to check with your local gov't to see about regulations.
                  Bemore Adventurer
                  On premise signage brings in about 49% of business for new businesses, therefore I would encourage you to do this. Check with local ordances first, but definitely a smart move. What type of business do you have?
                  MetroGal Adventurer
                  I have two ideas. How about a sandwich board? You may want to bolt that down with a chain though. People are known to walk off with signs as odd as that sounds. Also, my other idea is using chalk on the sidewalk to advertise? I wonder if you'd be allowed to do that or if it would be considered public defacing of property? Hmmm. Anyway, sidewalk advertising sounds like a fun idea now that it's Spring.