Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2008 10:26 PM by deanhiller

cheap software for startups(where do people go)

deanhiller Wayfarer
      When you have a software project that needs to be done as a small business where you are lacking money, where do you typically go?
      I am wondering as I am an international startup company(based in Denver and China) and I would like to find out the places people go to do a bit more sales. I just started my company last january(http://xsoftware.biz). Business is going better than I thought and now I am just starting to look for new sales leads in the US without needing to fly back to the US too much. I typically rent out software developers for 23USD / hour which is much cheaper than the US rates of 40- 60 USD / hour, but where should I go to advertise this...(ie. in what forums, etc. etc.). I haven't tried out google adwords but I have a feeling I might lose alot of money with no leads from that.
        • Re: cheap software for startups(where do people go)
          dollsbags Adventurer
          Try Rentacoder.com or Coderforrent.com

I have used both for specialty coding that I needed done in PHP. I post a coding project, such as SEO for instance, and I receive several bids from PHP coders who will do the work for me. This is a great place for coders and developers to get work and offer their services and expertise.

Rich
            • Re: cheap software for startups(where do people go)
              deanhiller Wayfarer
              We have tried those sites AND at my previous company we inherited work from previous companies that used those sites and 95% of the time, the product had to be completely reworked because it was such a mess. ie. the company ended up with some of the worst code I have seen. They may have saved money up front, but in the end they probably lost more money overall. I was looking for a bit more upclass sites(companies to companies) as opposed to rent a developer type shop where you are sometimes getting a 20 year old who can write code but can't design a system at all.