Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2008 12:16 AM by Lighthouse24

Question about Business Plan

chinahdoll Wayfarer
      Hello everyone, I am looking for someone who may be able to help me out on a section in my Business Plan. I want to open a busines selling my desserts and pastries that I usually make in my home kitchen. I've learned that there are laws prohibiting the sale of foods from a kitchen that is not completely detached from the rest of the living area.

I am in the beginning phases of writing my business plan and want to know how could I add that piece of information into my plan. I am looking for funding for an outside cooking space because I cannot make these desserts from my home kitchen. When discussing location of this business (Divine Desserts), I would like to know how to explain this part in my business plan. Or do I totally omit that bit of information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...and I can be contacted at D_Desserts@yahoo.com.
      Thanks for your time!!
        • Re: Question about Business Plan
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Question about Business Plan.
          *You *are in the beginning phases of writing your business plan.
          How soon do you plan on starting this business??
          Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help.
          LUCKIEST
          • Re: Question about Business Plan
            Lighthouse24 Ranger
            Your profile doesn't say where you are located, but in cities where the law doesn't allow food that is sold to the public to be prepared in a residential home, there are usually commercial kitchens for rent by people just like you. Rates start at about $25/hour here. I've also seen cases where, when a restaurant (in a leased space) went out of business and closed, the tenant was willing to sublet the kitchen space for the remainder of the lease.

For planning purposes, my suggestion would be to see what's available in your area and what the cost would be, then show that amount in your plan as a projected operating expense (for commercial kitchen lease or rental).

Hope that helps. Best wishes.