Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2008 8:03 AM by LUCKIEST

Looking for people in need of fresh new marketing

ToniM25 Wayfarer

I offer FREE graphic design services that will help grow your business.
      Visit http://www.graphicdesigns4you.com and let me help you create new fresh ideas that will increase sales and generate new customers. I can create anything as simple as a custom logo and business card to as complex as a brochure.
        • Re: Looking for people in need of fresh new marketing
          VelvetBlues Wayfarer
          I took a look at that site... It looks amateur and lacks a portfolio. In fact, it appears as though you are simply trying to funnel people through so as to take advantage of AdSense and other affiliate advertising revenue? ... What, if anything, does your business actually sell?

Perhaps you should follow the example of other graphic design firms, adn remove your ads so as to appear more professional.
            VelvetBlues Wayfarer
            Hmm. I believe that it was a fair assessment. I evaluated your site and all I saw were ads. Most people in your industry include a portfolio to prove that they actually have talent. No worries. Good luck with your FREE graphic design and your ad revenue.

Cheers.
              LUCKIEST Guide
              In need of fresh new marketing
              Do you know about SCORE??

Things you need to know when starting a business.

Plan Ahead.
              People often ask me why bother with a business plan? Look at the
              lottery as an example. You may get lucky and get the winning ticket,
              but the odds are against you when you rely on random chance. I'm a risk
              taker...but not that much, minimize the risk of going into business and
              maximize your potential for success. Take the time to write a plan of
              how you get from point A to point B. A plan gives you a clear future
              focus and increases your chances of success.

The first rule of a start-up is put some of your own money in the
              business. As the owner you must be willing to capitalize the business.
              The second rule is put as little of your own money as possible in the
              business. Prepare your plan and look for funding for your business from
              multiple sources, which can include a business loan or business line of
              credit.

Don't go it alone. Plan ahead now to build your team. Your team may
              include a CPA and an attorney that you work with as needed. Add a
              mentor from your industry and get a SCORE mentor to help you plan for
              success. No one has all the answers. You get more ideas and information
              by building a success, support team that can help you plan ahead.

Set up Systems.
              The most basic system every business should have is a good financial
              system. Ask yourself how am I going to generate enough income to
              support myself and my family. Begin here. Put together a personal
              budget, so you know what it costs you to live. Now, you can move on to
              the business budget and sales planning, so you can see how many sales
              you need to break even and make a profit. The start-up expense plan,
              operating budget and your accounting software are vital to your
              success.

Seek out Sales.
              The daunting question is how do you go about seeking out your first
              sale. Recognize that since you don't have a big ad budget to be seen by
              everyone, you need to target a niche and get connected in your market
              community, be it local, regional or national. You need other people
              selling for you-not employees-goodwill referrals. Get out and talk to
              as many people as you can. Join organizations that would have clients
              for your product or service. Become a visible part of your market, and
              then ask for the sale. You begin the sales process with people that you
              know. Yes, it's okay to start with friends and family as your first
              customers, and then broaden from there.

Aim for Growth.
              The basic tenant of creating a company is that you own the company. You
              are not just creating a job for yourself. It's less risk and less
              investment to get a job. Building a business is creating a company that
              is more than the job itself. Think about the future. How large do you
              want the company to be in terms of sales, net profit and employees?
              Your answer to each of these questions will influence how you grow.
              There are varying costs and profits associated with growth. It's
              important to make a deliberate choice early about how you want to grow
              your company.

Leverage Opportunities.
              Good luck. Good fortune. Good timing. All play a part in business. As a
              business owner, be very clear about your core focus for the business
              and how it serves clients. Your core business is what pays the bills.
              Then, as an entrepreneur you are about opportunity. When you see a
              potential opportunity or stroke of luck measure it against your core
              business focus. Good fortune is great, when it matches your vision for
              the business. Always consider if a good opportunity is the right fit
              for your business. If something looks great, but it's not in sync with
              your long-term plan and budget, think carefully before committing your
              company's resources.

Take advantage of good opportunities that make sense for you long term.
              A perfect example is McDonalds. Ray Krock started a small business that
              became a large franchise network with a consistent product, consistent
              systems and an ability to seize opportunities such as the Arch card and
              offering healthy salads to meet the interests of today's consumers.

Then there is SCORE. SCORE Is FREE

LUCKIEST