Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2008 2:23 PM by SBC Team

non profit community service

AJDLaundry Wayfarer
      I want to set up part of my laundry service to be a non profit community service for those in need in the community. Any idea what requirements are needed to be classified as a non-profit service? And does anyone know if part of my service can be ruled non profit and the other part for profit?

Thanks, A JD Laundry.
        • Re: non profit community service
          Lighthouse24 Ranger

I believe you'd need to form a separate legal entity for the non-profit operation.

Your profile indicates that you're in CA. There's a book on how to form a non-profit corporation in California called How to Form a Non-Profit Corporation in California (imagine that!) by Anthony Mancuso. It's about $32 through Amazon, or perhaps you can find it in the library or browse through it in a bookstore to get more answers to this. CA passed some unique laws that give the state Attorney General a lot of oversight relative to non-profits and the directors who manage them -- so creating and managing a non-profit entity is no small task.

Hope this helps. Best wishes.
          • Re: non profit community service
            SBC Team Guide
            We are moving this thread to Shop Talk. Please use the Community Feedback forum for feedback directly about the Small Business Online Community. Thanks!

SBOC Team