Post a new topic
    17 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2008 7:09 PM by CatmanCharlie

Leaving less of a footprint - going green

devaney Adventurer

I turned on the news this morning and all I saw - - was news about going green. So I thought this would be a good question to ask: What things do you or your business do to promote environmental awareness or contribute to environmental sustainability? I know that there is global participation on this forum, so it would be interesting to hear from all across the globe on this important topic.
        • Re: Leaving less of a footprint - going green
          DomainDiva Ranger
          Well this IS earth day you know. :)

While watching the 53000.00 diesel Mercedes being shown on CNBC this AM my hubby and I both said 'in stereo' "every day should be earth day".

We recycle about 90% of your household trash and I am pushing for a compost box for the backyard. We use cloth napkins, never use paper plates or plastic forks or dinnerware. All of the cleaning materials I purchase are either from
          7th Generation or Simple Green; and we have a front loading washer and dryer that uses 12 gallons per load instead of the 38 that my old large capacity top loading washer used.

We also use corn gluten to control weeds in the yard. Coffee grounds make excellent fertilizer and we recycle all batterys and old computer hardware at the once a year Best Buy recyle weekend.

I also purchase bamboo clothing and we are serioulsy looking at bamboo flooring for the re-do to get rid of the carpet.

We will also be building a new home in a couple of years and have decided to go with SIP building materials. Structural Insulated Panels instead of sticks, with on demand hot water and anything else energy efficient we can find.

Our company is a virtual one with members spread between Texas and California. We have lots of ohone conversations, texting and BaseCamp chat with face to face several times a year, so I am sure (hopefully) that this structure is helping the environment as well.
            devaney Adventurer
            Thanks for sharing DomainDiva. It all adds up. I am proud to say that I now drive a Prius and get 45 miles out of a gallon.
              Green1 Adventurer
              Hi,

Earth friendly is very important to us. We have:

Increased our recycling approximately 70% in 2007.
              Replaced our old furnace and central air conditioner with the new improved and highly efficient models.
              Replaced our old tv's, computer monitors and light bulbs.
              Put in a reverse osmosis sytem because I was buying a large amount of bottled water.
              Use cloth bags for shopping.
              Use far less lights in the evenings.
              Replaced the dryer sheets with the dryer balls.
              Have gone green with my home office.
              Use earth friendly products for house cleaning.

I use the MPG-CAPS that are caplets I drop in my fuel tank prior to filling up to save money on gas and to reduce harmful exhaust emissions. As well, I use the waterless car wash to save on water.
              I was so impressed with the results from these products that I became a distributor and opened up my own Fuel Freedom International internet business.

Green1
              www.greenresults.myffi.biz
                  MetroGal Adventurer
                  Great list Green1. And thanks for posting your website...I will check it out. Here's what I do: I never buy bottled water. Our district tap water tastes just fine, in fact I heard that there are fewer regulations on bottled water, that tap water is actually cleaner and safer. I also have changed all my light bulbs to the energy efficient kind. I also frequently browse Craigslist to give away/exchange stuff vs. buying new items. I also walk whenever possible...and frown upon my friends when they want to ride over to the store next door. Every bit counts.
                      Green1 Adventurer
                      Hi MetroGal: Actually everyone posted a great list for going green. Every little bit each of us does helps.
                      Whenever we have furniture or household items we give them to Habitat for Humanity.There is a store in our vicinity.

I read your profile and wish you luck and success with opening your own business in the future.
                      I appreciate individuals checking out my website as word of mouth is fantastic advertisement. My business is a work in progress but I feel so blessed with the opportunities afforded me. It is empowering.

Have a great evening everyone.
                          CatmanCharlie Wayfarer
                          Hi Green 1

I like your positive attitude and green enterprise. I, too, am about to atart an eco-friendly products business online. Maybe you can give me some pointers. I would like to know more about MPG-CAPS. I am also going to check out your website.

CatmanCharlie
                              Green1 Adventurer
                              Hi CatmanCharlie,

Thanks for the message. MPG-CAPS are a great product. I started using them a while back and really appreciated the fuel savings, which was much lower than the current cost. I have worked in environmental compliance for many years so I also appreciated the reduction to harmful exhaust emissions. I liked the products so much I became an Independent Distributor for Fuel Freedom International (FFI). I like being an Entrepreneur. FFI is a fantastic corporation that provides us distributors with so many tools and opportunities to expand our home business, training websites, etc.

MPG-CAPS improve fuel economy; increase power, increases octane in lower grade fuels. In fact my niece has a vehicle that uses high octane and by using the MPG-CAPS can use a low octane fuel, which also helps beat the rising fuel costs.

My websites that might be of interest to you are:

www.greenresults.mpgproducts.com and http://greenresults.ffitv.com

Regards,
                              Alda
                                  CatmanCharlie Wayfarer
                                  Hi Green 1

Sorry I took so long to reply. As I mentioned in my first forum entry, I am starting an eco-friendly, online business. I'm sure that you can understand the intensity in starting such an enterprise. So, my time has been totally taken up with the numerous details of legalizing the business and securing product.

I have checked out your websites and found them very interesting. I learned that FFI means Fuel Freedom International. I like the idea that your product saves on fuel and reduces fuel emissions. And, too, it seems like an interesting side business. Hats off to you.

There may be a slight problem with the greenresults.mpgproducts.com website. When I went there, I got a page that said "Under Construction: INTERLOCK". I had to google the domain name to get to your site. Maybe I did something wrong. I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me since i am just learning how t really use the internet. But, you may want to check it out. By the way, I sent for the MPF - CAPS video. I will let you know what I think.

Take care,
                                  CatmanCharlie
                                      Green1 Adventurer

Hi CatmanCharlie,

I have been catching up and reading some of your previous posts. I have also been absent from the forums and message boards for the last while.

I like the name of your new company and will check out your Company website. I wish you all the best with your endeavours. Opening a business and maintaining it are exciting, especially when just starting out. It can be exhausting also.

The reason you had trouble opening my one website is that I had added an 's' that should not have been in the link. My apologies for the inconvenience this caused you.

I have been travelling some the last little while so I am spending time this evening replying to emails that came into a couple of my websites. I hope they reach the intended parties as I was not logged into my back office when replying. I am constantly amazed at the traffic and ability to converse across continents.

Alda
                            Peter63 Wayfarer
                            Please help save my village - from the propoganda of the "Eco" town CON; http://www.the-weston-front.org/. We a being bullied by our Government here the UK.

There's a petition link on the website and you sig would be SO much appreciated.

Thanks.

Go to http://www.helenian-products.com/tga.htm for over 3.5 hours of complete, hands-on Internet Marketing Training... for free
                              k2forma Newbie
                              I recently wrote an article entitled "Greening Your Business Starts With The Paper You Print On". An abbreviated version was also published in the April 2008 issue of Today's Charlotte Woman. It's intended to help businesses make environmentally smart choices when it comes to selecting paper for their printed collateral and promotions.

Take a look: http://k2forma.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_ar
                              chive.html
                                greenit Newbie
                                My company, Go Green Messaging (www.gogreenmesssging.com) consults companies on using eco-friendly marketing strategies by going virtually paper-free with their marketing and consults businesses on ways to become more green in the workplace. We offer voice marketing, email marketing, webiste development and maintenance and fax-to-email solutions. We consult on simple steps that companies can take to make a difference on their impact on the local environment.