Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2010 10:33 PM by Mongoose

Would this appeal to you as employers?

LRSVV3 Wayfarer

I own a successful website that provides telecommute leads to a subscriber base. I am looking to expand and offer jobs to them that are posted exclusively on my site by the employers. This is the ad I want to use, do you think it will appeal to employers or not? Thanks for your input!

EARN Money by Posting your Telecommute Job/Project

*How would you like to
      actually EARN money for posting your telecommute or work at home job instead of
      paying money to post it?*

We are starting a revolutionary idea for the employers in
      the telecommute world. Our website is
      now accepting telecommute or work at home jobs/projects from employers/people
      who are interested in listing their job EXCLUSIVELY on our job board, for PAY!

*Why would we pay an
      employer for their job posting?*

Telecommute and work at home positions are in very high
      demand. By having a daily compilation of
      work at home positions that can only be applied to through our website, it will
      greatly increase our customer base and quality of job leads.

How much do we pay?

Right now, we are paying $5 per job listing, we pay through
      PayPal or by check, once your job is approved.
      Once you are approved, we will send you a link with your job listing, as
      well as a request for information for us to send you payment. You will receive your payment within 24
      business hours if by PayPal, or within 2 weeks if by check.

*What's in it for you,
      the employer?*

Well, for starters, you are earning money on your job
      listing instead of paying for it! Additional
      benefits of listing your position with us include:

**Our service is 100%
      FREE to you. You are making money,

**No Registration
      Required* to post your job with us.

Just fill out our job form and submit. Your job

is posted in one business day or less.

**Over 30,000
      Registered Telecommuters* will view your

jobs on a regular basis.

**Say Goodbye to
      Hundreds of Non-Qualified Applicants*-

All the
      applicants to your position are paying users of our site.

This eliminates
      the hundreds of emails you receive from posting

on job boards
      that are free to job seekers, Our service provides you

with a pool of
      serious home workers that are qualified

and equipped to
      provide you with the services you need.

*Submit as many jobs or projects as you would like. All jobs

posted on our site remain active for
      14 days unless you send

a request for removal. Please, no repeat postings of the same

job before the 14 day period ends.

**Receive ALL Applicant Responses*- You will
      not be required

to pay any
      fees whatsoever to receive all the applicants

responses to
      your positions.

*Your job must meet the following requirements to be

Must have either an hourly, salary, per project/item, or base + commission compensation. NO COMMISSION ONLY positions are accepted at this time.
      No 'start your own business' or 'partnership' positions.
      Absolutely no 'money transfer' or 'payment accepting' positions.
      Job must be at least 40% telecommute
      Please be sure to specify if the applicant will need onsite training, or if you are looking for applicants only from a certain geographic area.
      No 'Adult Related' job listings are accepted
      Job MUST BE POSTED EXCLUSIVELY ON OUR SITE. Cannot be posted elsewhere.
      Job MUST be filled using applicants from our site, OR must be left on our site for 14 days before reposting it elsewhere for additional applicants.

Are you interested in earning money today for your job
      listings? Visit the following link to
      submit your job and get paid!
        • Re: Would this appeal to you as employers?
          Lighthouse24 Ranger

The ad copy would not appeal to me. The opening line sounds like an MLM opportunity. I would have stopped reading right there. Would I like to earn money for posting a job? No, I'd like to fill the job with a qualified individual.

Also, the "MUST BE POSTED EXCLUSIVELY ON OUR SITE" would be a problem for me. The only way I'd even consider that is if you had an applicant/traffic/member base equal to Monster or CareerBuilder with strong job seeker representation in the areas where I have operations.

Hope this is the specific type of feedback you were seeking. Best wishes.
              LRSVV3 Wayfarer
              Thanks for the feedback! This is exactly what I am looking for. So, in your perspective, if I have 30,000 telecommute applicants that are qualified for numerious different fields, that would not be enough to want to post your job? I guess, is this workable at all? Or do you have any other suggetions on how to attract employers that are seeking telecommute employees specifically?
                  Lighthouse24 Ranger

I probably should have been more specific . . . the underlying issue that really hung me up on the exclusivity clause was this: Several large employers are laying off people who have skills I might need, and those employers are going out of their way set up websites and incentives to place their former employees (beside the in-house services they're setting up, most are also partnering with either Monster or CareerBuilder). So it's not so much that the 30,000 people you have isn't enough, but rather that I don't think you'll have those people who are just hitting the job market -- and I'd be excluding myself from listing a position on the sites that do have those people (and those sites have proven to be an effective resource already). I hope that clarifies it better.
                devaney Adventurer

I'm not in marketing, but in general I would advise removing the words in all caps. Anytime I see words in CAPS - it just looks like a telecommercial, esp. the word FREE in bold. That's just my 2 cents. Best of luck.
                  BRMcHenry Adventurer
                  I do not mean to be harsh because when people are passionate about their business they try hard - some times too hard. You lost me about a 3rd of the way down the page - way too much copy. Remember your writing school. First sentence of a paragraph sets the stage for it and then all relating sentences relate to the paragraph. No more then 3 paragraphs in an advertisement or people see it and drop it (sadly like I did a 3rd of the way down).

Headlines are CRITICAL...I'd start with "Real Jobs not MLM" or something like that; perhaps "Real Jobs at Home"
                    DebbyBlitzLoc Adventurer
                    I like the idea of this site, it is unique and could really take off! However, I must agree with the other folks here, it is way tooooo long! You need to be able to summarize. You do not need to go into such detail on an initial advertisement. The idea is to get their interest and then give details once they contact you. Too much information on an advertisement really does cause the readers to get bored and move on. I like the concept of your site and think you have a great idea, but it may be well worth your time to hire a professional marketing or sales writer to condense this to an acceptable length without losing impact.

Too many "get rich quick" sounding schemes on the web, so you have to differentiate. That said, are you posting to Craigslist?