Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2008 11:35 AM by Metamorf

Need Loan for Inventory to start biz

MaryKayD.I.C2 Newbie

I need some assistance on getting a loan for my business inventory. I have bad credit which is tied into my school bills and i have no business credit. Is it possible to be loaned the minimum of $5,000? I purchase product at wholesale and sell it to my clientele at retail prices, so i would be able to pay back the loan in less than 4 mos. I am growing more with my clientele and need help immediately with the demands for me to have more inventory on hand versus them waiting for me to receive there deposit and ship out the order which can take more time and i could lose alot of value clients. Please help.....
        • Re: Need Loan for Inventory to start biz
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Need Loan for Inventory to start biz, Welcome to this web site.

You are an Independent Contractor with Mary Kay Cosmetics
          and have been a consultant for at least two years.

Will Mary Kay ship you the inventory that you need for your clientele??
          and then pay them back??

LUCKIEST
            DomainDiva Ranger
            Instead of going full bore with a huge order, why don't you increase your auto ship every month? What is extra from personal you can dump into inventory.

Are you using Quick Books to keep track of any inventory you have? You are obviously doing well, however I see some agressiveness here. Are you being pressured by your upline to purchase inventory? In any MLM sometimes it is better to crawl to the top instead of take off like a rocket. You could get stuck with a lot of inventory and have to write it off later as a loss when it expires.

So your customers do not wwant to pay the extra shipping? How much in gas are you spending to run all over town making deliveries? Or are they picking their orders up at your place? There has to be some give and take and it sounds like your customers MAY be taking advantage of you.

5,000.00 is a huge amount of money to spend on inventory. Please share a bit more of the real story here.
                MaryKayD.I.C2 Newbie
                I am moving up in rank and therefore I need the loan for the inventory. I am having a grand debut and need to supply at this in one month. I have over a hundred clientele and growing every week...Can you direct me where I can acquire a loan that does not weigh heavy on credit? Thanks.
                    DomainDiva Ranger
                    No sorry I can't. To be perfectly honest....this sounds way too iffy. A Grand Debut? Are you REQUIRED by MK to purchase inventory to have a Grand Debut?

Please tell us in terms that are not analogous to Mark Kay, otherwise we can't understand what the goal here is. Will you be able to sell all of the inventory at the Grand Debut? what is a Grand Debut?
                        MaryKayD.I.C2 Newbie
                        If you need more information about our company you can go on to my website for a full explanation. The company has been in the Direct Selling Business for over twenty some years and have given back to communities and charities against domestic violence, breast cancer and a better eco-environment. (www.marykay.com/clraines) There are over 2.7 million consultants worldwide and in order to establish myself as a full time independent consultant, i am running to be a director. Which a debut is held for each consultant at the time they qualify and yes products are sold at this event and this covers the new directors booking there clientele for the coming months with inventory. There is nothing iffy about the company or business. If you need more clarification please go on the website or put the question in a different form. Thanks for your time and consideration....
                            DomainDiva Ranger
                            I understand Mary Kay. I understand MLM. I have purchased MK and am doing an MLM right now as we speak in addtition to all of the other business stuff...

I do not understand being required to purchase 50,000 for a grand debut. You will probably need to answer this question as well for anyone giving you a loan. It would probably NOT be advisable to point a future lender to a website.
                                MaryKayD.I.C2 Newbie

I apoloize for the confusion...i believe i requested $5,000.00 for a loan not $50k. Can you still assist me? Thanks!
                                    Jerica Newbie
                                    I was in MK for a little while and I got out of that one quickly, though I still like to purchase a few of their items. I'd stay away from making loans for MK inventory. MK seems to want their salespeople to buy a lot of inventory. When I started I was told to get about $600 worth. If a person is moving up in a company, I should think they have enough money to supply their own inventory needs, no? Am I wrong in that? I'm not quite sure what an investor would get out of loaning $5,000 for someone to stock inventory. Mainly my idea is that MK will somehow punish you for not having the inventory that they are demanding you have, but it's "your" business? If it's yours, why are you being forced to buy inventory?

$5,000 or $50,000 it's still money and an investor wants to know their money is working for them. If I had that money to invest, I certainly would not want to loan it to anyone with bad credit or who was being forced to buy inventory, was successful but not successful enough to get "promoted." I don't know why you have to pay to be promoted, either. I heard that if directors and such don't keep up buying inventory and selling, they lose their pink cars and all the perks.

It seems something one would want to investigate, and probably not from the MK site because the site isn't going to be straight up about what their practices are. Like I said, I didn't know they were going to tell me to buy inventory until AFTER I'd signed up. I sure wouldn't want to be directed to a site and a load of ad copy when thinking about investing, either. And the attitude that five thousand is somehow not as worthy of serious investigation is raising a red flag for me, too. If it were that simple and easy to loan or be loaned 5K as opposed to 50K, you'd have it by now.
                                        MaryKayD.I.C2 Newbie
                                        Jerica,

Thanks for your input...i have been in this long enough to know what an opportunity is when i see one. No one is forcing anyone to purchase any amount of inventory. On the contrary i am serious about making this work for me and i want to finally be established full time intstead of part time. And, this is my first time even searching avenues for a loan. Also, MaryKay is not for everyone and definitely not for hobbyist either. I have a great unit and my clientele is spreading daily so i would like to keep the pace....
                                      LUCKIEST Guide
                                      DD, It is always interesting reading your replies.
                                      AT the gym, I walk with an entertainer and he is always explaining the difference
                                      between himself and the other entertainers in his field.
                                      And then to take it one more step - -entertainers on T V get one more decimal point
                                      His comment ONE Decimal point. The difference between 5000 and 50000.
                                      ONLY ONE DECIMAL POINT
                                      LUCKIEST