Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2008 12:54 AM by intechspecial

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...

akgold Adventurer
      Hi Community,

I have a favorite quote and I thought I'd share it with the community:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

• Calvin Coolidge

Do you have any favorite quotes that keep you grounded too?
        • Re: Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...
          LUCKIEST Guide
          "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence".
          Have you been reading "A FAVORITE QUOTE" by Designer.
          He has been posting them daily. His last posting was #117
          • Re: Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...
            intechspecial Ranger
            A favorite quote of mine, when all else seems to fail, and I feel I have nowhere to turn is this.........

"God's got my back, who has yours?" - Author Unknown

It is very difficult to make it in business. So many may feel threatened by your ability or your approach, their very success depends on you being unsuccesful.

So when the back stabbing, lying, cheating, stealing, illegal ways of doing business are taking place, I know this is not of God's will. If your not doing God's will you are not driven by God. Without God, you are not protected.

I choose to try and make an honest living, and stay on God's path. I am by no means a saint, but good works of mine can be credited to that Guy Upstairs. I will take credit for all of the bad, as to deny it is to demoralize the very principles I claim to stand upon.

I am not saying that all in business are bad, as most are good. I am only saying that the ones that are bad can destroy even the best of businesses if they know what they are doing, and are well connected.

Within my business ventures I have seen this immoral greed that drives some push them into trying and demoralize the very character of good business people. They are fast talking and witty, charming and trusting, to instill confidence in someone so they can manipulate their views.

Slander, defamation of character would be hard to prove, as every great salesman has a great sale.

So in my times of feeling certain defeat..............................."God has my back, who has yours?"

If it is God's will for my business to be successful, there is nothing no one can do to prevent this, even my own stupidity.

If it is God's will that my business be unsuccesful, well at least least I learned a thing or two.

Here is something else I found in a blog. The blog I found this poem in did not state who the author was or what his/her story was. I found this inspiring as well.

"The road is dark and treacherous with no end in sight. Never looking back I continue on, beaten and broken, as His Hand has laid this path. Each step I take it seems to get darker, each breath I take seems to be my last. I am doomed to fail, I can not continue. I can take one more step, just one more, I continue on, with nothing left. I take one more step just one more, if I can only go one more. I finally drop, knowing I have failed, never to reach the end. In my last waking breath I turn to see if I could of found a better way to go, as maybe this was not the right road. To my eyes amazement, the path behind is bright and driven, full of life and energy. I feel energized and pick myself up, walking further into the darkness, one more step, just one more step, as His Hand has laid this path".

For those offended by this post that mentions God, I mean no offense, and I mean not to try and push my views on you. I am most certainly do not have the answers, I only wish to succeed. My chosen path for success is a little different from others, and my success might just be my own failure. Why take offense from someone who might fail?

Q. How many times did Abraham Lincoln fail in business?
            A. Try and find this answer, as he did fail more then once.