Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2008 1:13 AM by Lighthouse24

Average ad expenditure???

eversuhoshin Wayfarer
      Hello,

Anyone know what is the average ad expenditure for a small business? Print ads and online ads? It's hard to get data on how much small business' spend on print or online ads each month. I have heard $600-2400 a year. Does that sound reasonable? Thank you for your time and consideration :)
        • Re: Average ad expenditure???
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Average ad expenditure, Interesting question.
          Welcome. Who are you?? Where are you?? and why are you looking for
          the average ad expenditure for a small business??
          How are you defining small business??
          Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE,
          LUCKIEST
            eversuhoshin Wayfarer

Hello Luckiest,

I work in a startup trying to help small businesses make ads and websites easier. We are developing a software so small businesses can make their websites with simple mouse clicks. Also, they will be able to post ads easily on listing sites. I am in charge of marketing and I am trying to find out how much small businesses spend on ads. There isn't much research done on how much small business pay for ads but small ads in magazines or newspaper easily go over 300 bux. I am just trying to get a closer estimate on how much small businesses spend on ads. If you have good sources let me know.

Sincerely,

Eversuhoshin

PS
            I am located in Seattle
              Lighthouse24 Ranger

8 percent of the year's anticipated revenue would be in the total advertising budget ballpark for most of my small business clients. There are extremes, of course (for example, restaurants and boutiques in malls or other high traffic areas that spend almost nothing on advertising, and a services firm that spends nearly 20 percent). Since a business could have up to $32.5 million in annual revenue and still be classified as a small business, you can see why it's difficult to get a definitive average expenditure.