Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2008 11:39 PM by ALISON

How do you make a good benefit plan .. better?

focused1 Newbie
      For the Company...
      • Expand your benefits program without adding costs.
      • Achieve possible FICA savings and reduction in workers' compensation costs.
      • Help improve employee morale and retention.
      • Help meet more employees' economic needs at the workplace.
      • Help contribute to employees' health through various wellness programs.
      • Reduce administrative involvement.

For your employees...
      • Obtain an opportunity to apply for policies at payroll rates.
      • Have benefits paid directly to the insured, unless directed otherwise.
      • Apply for policies that may be pre-tax eligible, and are portable and guaranteed-renewable.
      • Apply for policies that may help with expenses not covered by core company plans.

Policies that help to make this happen...
      • Accident
      • Emergency Treatment Benefit
      • Specific-Sum Injuries Benefit
      • Accidental-Death Benefit
      • Initial Hospitalization Benefit
      • Plus much more

• Short-Term Disability
      • Selection of:
      + Monthly benefit amount
      + Elimination period
      + Benefit period
      -Guaranteed-renewable to age 70
      • Benefits paid directly to you unless you choose otherwise
      • Benefits paid regardless of any other insurance

Cancer/Specified-Disease
      • First-Occurrence Benefit
      • Hospital Confinement Benefit
      • Radiation and Chemotherapy Benefit
      • Cancer Screening Wellness Benefit
      • Plus much more

Hospital Confinement Indemnity
      • Hospital Confinement Benefit
      • Rehabilitation Unit Benefit
      • Surgical Benefit
      • Plus much more

Specified Health Event
      • Pays a First-Occurrence Benefit as well as Hospital Confinement and Continuing Care Benefit for:
      + Heart attack & coronary artery bypass surgery
      + Stroke
      + End-stage renal failure
      + Major human organ transplant
      + Mojor third-degree burns
      + Coma
      + Paralysis

Hospital Intensive Care
      • Daily ICU Confinement Benefit
      • Daily Subacte Unit Confinement Benefit
      • Plus much more

Dental
      • Freedom of Choice (pick any dentist)
      • Portable
      • Guaranteed-renewable at the same payroll rate
      • Pays reguardless of any other insurance you may have
      • No deductible
      • Easy to understand

Life
      • Provides uo to $100,000 of term life, whole life, or a combination of both on very competitive basis
      • Waiver of Premium Benefit
      • Optional Spouse & Child Riders
      • Optional Accidental-Death Benefit Rider

Hospital Confinement Sickness Indemnity
      • Physician Visits Benefit
      • Initial Hospitalization Benefit
      • Major Diagnostic Exams Benefit
      • Surgical Benefit
      • Plus much more

Vision
      • Eye Examination Benefit
      • Vision Correction Benefit
      • Specific Eye Disease/Disorder Benefit
      • No network restrictions
      • Plus much more

These are just a few ways to create employee loyalty in your organization.
      This is a program that pays cash benefits directly to your employees to cover the family expenses associated with a serious illness or injury.
      This is little or no cost to business owners!
      These are what you would call employee enhancement plans.
      Many of our clients offer disability but unfortunately, disability plans aren't designed to cover family expenses - they only cover a portion of your employees' incomes and only if they are the ones sick or hurt.
      When your employee gets injuried or sick the bill doesn't stop coming in but with Aflac there is help and your employee can return to work faster and happier.

I am an Independent Associate representing Aflac. My job is to fill in the gaps for your employees at no extra cost to you.
      I can help you in the Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina areas.

Thank you, Ronald Abraham - 804-514-2263
        • Re: How do you make a good benefit plan .. better?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          How do you make a good benefit plan .. better Interesting post
          Welcome to this web site.
          Thanks for the information. I am N Y so out of your area,
          but thanks, LUCKIEST
              ALISON Newbie

A good Employee Benefit Plan or Package consists of the following key components:

Group Health (should be cost effective in that if offers maximum coverage for less money)
              Group Dental
              Group Vision
              Group Life (flat amount or 1-2 x salary)
              Group Disability
              and possibly LTC ( depending upon the size of your business)
              Travel Accident (for execs who travel)
              International Medical (if necessary)
              and later a Defined Benefit Plan or 401K (these benefits can be added, implemented or defined by the employer)

Benefits and Compensation are key to retaining and attracting key employees, thus a a good benefit plan is one that is cost effective for the employer and also the employee, with regards to the employee contribution; not to mention it develops as the needs of the business develops.
              Some suggestions... In network copays of $30-50 per office visit with higher out of network deductible offer cost effective solutions for the employer and still provide excellent coverage without hurting the employee pockets. Employers may also want to consider an HRA which offer considerable savings that may be recycled and used in other areas of their business operations.

There are a lot of options to make a good benefit plan good or even better; however that responsibility falls on your broker to show you all your options and provide you with a complete cost effective package for consideration.

I have 17 years of specialized knowledge in Employee Benefits for small to medium sized businesses, including sole proprietors and start ups. I am licensed in Life/Health Property Casualty Insurance in NJ, NY, CT & PA. Please feel free to pick my brain, I am happy to share what I know.

Best Wishes,

ALISON Newbie

A good Employee Benefit Plan or Package consists of the following key components:

Group Health (should be cost effective in that if offers maximum coverage for less money)
                Group Dental
                Group Vision
                Group Life (flat amount or 1-2 x salary)
                Group Disability
                and possibly LTC ( depending upon the size of your business)
                Travel Accident (for execs who travel)
                International Medical (if necessary)
                and later a Defined Benefit Plan or 401K (these benefits can be added, implemented or defined by the employer)

Benefits and Compensation are key to retaining and attracting key employees, thus a a good benefit plan is one that is cost effective for the employer and also the employee, with regards to the employee contribution; not to mention it develops as the needs of the business develops.
                Some suggestions... In network copays of $30-50 per office visit with higher out of network deductible offer cost effective solutions for the employer and still provide excellent coverage without hurting the employee pockets. Employers may also want to consider an HRA which offer considerable savings that may be recycled and used in other areas of their business operations.

There are a lot of options to make a good benefit plan good or even better; however that responsibility falls on your broker to show you all your options and provide you with a complete cost effective package for consideration.

I have 17 years of specialized knowledge in Employee Benefits for small to medium sized businesses, including sole proprietors and start ups. I am licensed in Life/Health Property Casualty Insurance in NJ, NY, CT & PA. Please feel free to pick my brain, I am happy to share what I know.

Best Wishes,