Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2008 8:50 AM by LUCKIEST

Why didn't I think of that?!?!

designer Tracker
      Hello. I was wondering what was the most impressive or unique advertising method?

I think for me, it was very cool when businesses started advertising on dry cleaners plastic those goes over shirts and suits. Now, why didn't I think of that? Hee!
        • Re: Why didn't I think of that?!?!
          Lighthouse24 Ranger

To me, the most "impressive" advertising (and the most effective) is when a client/customer talks to someone face-to-face and says better things about us than our own marketing pieces do.

The advertising I find most "unique" (at the moment) would be the really good videos that go viral. They focus on something that a mass audience can totally relate to, but they present it in a way that is so funny, surprising, inspiring, or off-the-wall that people just have to share with their friends. Of course, almost everyone seems to be trying to create ads like that now, so the audience is rapidly becoming "immune." (I think it takes a lot more to impress people and make them pass something along now than it did back when the average user was first getting the speed and bandwidth to view videos on the web.)

Iwrite Pioneer
            I could be here all day!

I think the Coppertone bus shelter advertising with a lady in a bikini laying on a towel. The line was something about no matter how tanned you want to be, they have a lotion for your protection. At the bottom of the display was a lever that move left to right. As you moved it the woman's skin got lighter or darker depending on the direction you move it.

There was also the outdoor advertising for the game Jenga, where the company took a corner pillar of a building and made it look like it was made of Jenga pieces.

I'll stop there.
              intechspecial Ranger
              I cannot say I know of anything extremely unique, as it seems everyone has tried something.
                LUCKIEST Guide
                Why didn't I think of that.
                One of my most impressive or unique advertising that I used was sponsoring our local
                Little league baseball team. The children wore shirts with our business name all over town.
                The other stroke of genius was to get the local newspaper to write a story about us
                with the word FREE to all who applied.