Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2008 9:48 AM by Decor_Designs

Merchant services for start up business

LariosVox Wayfarer
      *Good Morning, Noon, Evening!, Thanks for taking time to read my entry. *
      *What are the highlights of accepting Credit cards when my business is starting up? Should i even worry about accepting just for take off? I know it makes sense to give options to my market, however i know that in the long run it generates sales or the likelihood of spending more, but do i really want it when my business is starting off? I would take your feedback positive or negative as long as i can better my plan and myself in all. Thank you for all feed *
        • Re: Merchant services for start up business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Merchant services for start up business
          *YES *accept Credit Cards when your business is starting up.
          Everybody uses C C and YES it will increase SALES.
          Do you have a Business and Marketing Plan??
          Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE
          +*Good luck, LUCKIEST</s
            Lighthouse24 Ranger
            Yes, you really want it . . . the day you open, if at all possible. Even if you got the worst merchant services deal out there, your fees would probably still be less than all the business you'd lose at a coffee shop and Internet cafe if you didn't take credit cards. Hope that helps. Best wishes.
              JVCruz Adventurer
              Yes. You should -- for all the reason's mentioned.
                amspcs Ranger
                I won't cast a vote since I'm obviously biased, being in the merchant services business. However,
                the consensus so far seems to be 'yes' which, quite frankly in this day and age, is no surprise. Folks in the 21st century pay with's as simple as that. So if you're thinking you can do without processing at first and add it later, forget it. If your customers don't see convenient payment options during the first visit, there won't be a second know what they say about first impressions.

What are your concerns about credit card acceptance as a start-up? Are you worried about the expense and/or start up costs? Contrctual commitments? Other?

If so, here are a few thoughts. Start out simple with a 'starter' program. That means something with little or no startup fees and no long term commitment, so that when you graduate from 'starter' status, you can shift seamlessly into a more sophisticated product. The trade-off for some of the starter benefits here would be slightly higher discount rates, but since you are a start-up which means very low volume that shouldn't be of consequence since we're talking about max $2-3 per month if that.

I can speak to you about a processing product which the folks who run this forum should like since it's a program underwritten by a sales agent for Bank of America. All you need is a computer with internet connection which will function as a simple POS system--no credit card machines, printers etc. to worry about. OR, we can even set you up the old fashioned way for starters using just your phone for obtaining credit card authorizations. Fees are minimal with no long term contract, so it's an ideal way to get started with a processing program without locking yourself in long term.

Also, before you delve into the arena of credit card processing, go to school a little and learn about it.
                We offer an informational site with glossary, FAQ's and so on, no hard sell. Take a few moments and browse our site, the address appears below.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  Decor_Designs Newbie
         This company has excellent customer service, no contracts or cancellation fees and very reasonable rates. I have never had any issues with them, and plan on keeping them as my processor for a very long time. My sales rep was Danielle at (877) 877-9592.