Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2008 8:14 PM by geealim15

Looking for investors with capital for real estate market

dnaproperty Newbie

I am sure that all of you have heard about how "bad" the real estate market is. Well that is only true depending on which side of the market you are on. If you are a seller looking to get top dollar for your house, or a realtor trying to survive you might just be right in saying its bad now. But if you are an investor or individual with capital looking to invest in real estate, today's market is the best it has been in 20 years. I currently have the oppurtunity to buy several properties at as little as 40 cents on the dollar.

Now the problem. I am trying to find places / people that have capital to lend. Banks, I believe are out of the question. For the most part you are only going to get 2-3 loans before they close you down. I am looking to purchase property in the Jacksonville, Florida area in the 150k-200k range. This price range house is the typical 3-4 bedroom 1500-2000 sqft house. Most of which like I said can be bought for 40-50 cents on the dollar. I am just trying to figure out if there are people out there that are making 3-5% in cd's or whatever that wouldnt rather be making 8-12%.

Thanks for any input you could provide.